Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Very Off Topic: South Florida Real Estate?? >

Very Off Topic: South Florida Real Estate??

Notices

Very Off Topic: South Florida Real Estate??

Old 12-02-2002, 05:01 PM
DyD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Off Topic: South Florida Real Estate??

I am contemplating buying a house in Fort Lauderdale, but the prices seem realy high. I was wondering if any members have any insight as to what is happening with the South Florida real estate market. Is it going to keep inflating, or will it level off, if so, when?

I don't want to put a ton of money in a house only to have the value go to half if the market drops.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've watched the houses in south Florida get bulldozed and new houses put up in their place. I've also been studying the real estate market all over the U.S. for a few years and right now I still couldn't tell you the right answer and be confident. Interest rates are at all time lows and property values are high. I do know that alot of people are refinancing because of the low rates. As far as advice, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and feel confident when you buy. If at any time you feel that you are not "where you want to be" don't be affraid to back out. It is your money.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

It hasnt shown any signs of abating......still holding up really well considering present economic conditions....I have a couple of friends looking for waterfront property and the prices dont reflect the present downturn.....................
Old 12-02-2002, 06:27 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

a buddy is abroker down there. I thin,k he is/will be doign commercial stuff but i know the brokerage (Remax Partners of S. Florida) has residential brokers.

As for it be expensive, come to NY if you want to see expensive!!! I can geta casle down there for what a shack up here costs. Hell that is half the reason i want to move down there!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Registered

It's all relative. as Puder points out, New York is not exactly cheap.
I'm certainly no expert, but think that waterfront property in south Florida will most likely always hold its value. There are enough affluent people from all over the world that want a second home in the "Venice of America" ...and will pay the price.

If you think Ft.Lauderdale (Harbor Beach for example) is expensive, look at the prices in Naples (Port Royale).

Get the right house with no fixed bridges between you and the Ocean...and you're bound to make money down the line.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Registered

waterfront is platinum. that's all i ever buy. anyone can go out into a corn field and make a new subdivision.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

Boy you got that right......Port Royal in Naples is pristine.....the size of the houses...er..castles in that neighborhood are unreal......and to think that you could actually get in on some good buys just ten years ago........that area has sky rocketed....even the dry lots are outrageous.....
Old 12-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

DyD,

Real estate is my business down here in Ft Lauderdale. Call me, office:954/ 565-0014 cell:954/ 221-0402
Georges
Old 12-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Registered

Ditto what georges said.

What exactly are you looking for? Why Ft. Lauderdale? How soon till you're ready to buy? Are you interested in any other areas? Price range?

Forget the stock market, buy waterfront real estate here in FL. Best investment I ever had.

My house on the intercoastal in St. Petersburg has almost tripled in value in 7 years.

I'm a real estate consultant here in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Call anytime 727 319 9721 or e-mail me.

Good Luck!

Nathan Schlaeppi
Keller Williams Gulf Coast Realty
Old 12-02-2002, 11:22 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

georges and ASD is that an open offer? I have some question you guys might be able to help with.

Quick Reply: Very Off Topic: South Florida Real Estate??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.