Notices

Spectre For Sale

Old 02-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

When it comes to selling ANY kind of toys, i learned long ago not to get excited about someone inquiring about buying something you have for sale.....i will gladly answer your questions and i will be polite, but i just have an i don't care attitude until i see the cash being pulled out because like it been mentioned...90% of "buyers" are nothing but time wasters and tire kickers looking to try make the purchase of a lifetime for pennies on the dollar....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-12-2024, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Ok, Todd made a few good points. That being said,why would anyone want to dump 1/2 million into a boat business if the business is so difficult? Are the boat molds even viable since the designs are older now?

Think crazy, like you can make 30% margins on the boats @250K each............75K per copy means you would probably have to sell a dozen boats just to get your 1/2 million back (after overhead/labor costs). Are there 10 buyers out there that would buy this over a Statement/ Fountain cat
Old 02-12-2024, 04:06 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Don't have a dog in this fight, but there should be a market out there for that 32' model. With 300r motors should run 100+ and would be a potential seller in the mid/high 200s. If you can do that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cash Bar:
Griff (02-13-2024), madflavors26 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 64 Posts

Let me get this straight, the thread is labeled “Spectre for Sale” and folks have questions. I don’t know Todd Lamb although I did work on his pop Walters Twin 21 skater when I was in business. Walters money and word was good. A friend of mine has dealt with Todd on a big dollar transaction and it was a pleasant experience. The Spectres are fast, well built and reasonably priced. I think there is a market for the hulls through brand awareness or even a name change.

The fact he discloses issues involving the business is a good thing for a potential buyer, no? Absolutely it’s a rare sight to really get the real skinny on a business. Been there, done that. If a party is interested it’s their responsibility to perform due diligence along with incorporating protected contact verbiage.

Here is where I get a rub, We have a charter member list a link to RDP ripping the Lambs. Next thing you know there will be a speed on the water link about this s**t.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 798 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I don’t know anything about his situation, but I do bet that dealing with boat buying customers is a pain in the ass! I have put my Skater 28 on the market a couple of times and literally have talked to more people that are full of **** than I care to count. One was all jacked up to buy it and schedule a pre purchase, until I found out that he was a high school kid wanting grandpa to buy him a boat! I am betting that the easy part about the boat manufacturing business is building boats. Dealing with US is what the real pain in the ass would be! My 2 cents worth and probably 2 cents overpriced at that…….
Tango,

Yup. The "WORK" is the easy part. Most people who go into business doing just about anything have already got that part down, and that's probably what drove them to start their business. It's the business side that drives most people out of business. I know, for a FACT, that I can make just about anything someone puts to print. Actually RUNNING the business? That's still very much a work in progress.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Just spitballing here, BUT, there would still be time to get some Cigarette stickers made before the Miami show. Even if they did not end up buying the company (like in the case of Doug Wright), Cigarette would be able to show how cutting edge they are and how they are going to see exponential growth.

Seriously, from what I have seen, the Spectre hull is a very solid performer. I did not like the old dash at all, but that was redesigned and now looks great. I looked at them when I was thinking about selling our Skater 28 and found that with 300r's, the 32 would go about 110'sh, with 400r's 115, and 450's low 120's. A few more MPH could be added with some high $$$ props and detailed prop tuning. A 32 with 300's would be a solid performer without losing allot of top end speed. Hell, most of us could not tell the difference between 100 and 115 unless we were looking at the gps, or riding side by side. As long as there would be no legal strings attached, I am betting that somebody will buy the company and have success with it. It would be a good way for a current v bottom manufacturer to get into the cat business.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:12 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Just spitballing here, BUT, there would still be time to get some Cigarette stickers made before the Miami show. Even if they did not end up buying the company (like in the case of Doug Wright), Cigarette would be able to show how cutting edge they are and how they are going to see exponential growth.

Seriously, from what I have seen, the Spectre hull is a very solid performer. I did not like the old dash at all, but that was redesigned and now looks great. I looked at them when I was thinking about selling our Skater 28 and found that with 300r's, the 32 would go about 110'sh, with 400r's 115, and 450's low 120's. A few more MPH could be added with some high $$$ props and detailed prop tuning. A 32 with 300's would be a solid performer without losing allot of top end speed. Hell, most of us could not tell the difference between 100 and 115 unless we were looking at the gps, or riding side by side. As long as there would be no legal strings attached, I am betting that somebody will buy the company and have success with it. It would be a good way for a current v bottom manufacturer to get into the cat business.
maybe its a good buy for that CRT cat that never came to be.....
Old 02-13-2024, 12:13 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

maybe its a good buy for that CRT cat that never came to be.....
Old 02-13-2024, 01:43 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerPerformance
Let me get this straight, the thread is labeled “Spectre for Sale” and folks have questions. I don’t know Todd Lamb although I did work on his pop Walters Twin 21 skater when I was in business. Walters money and word was good. A friend of mine has dealt with Todd on a big dollar transaction and it was a pleasant experience. The Spectres are fast, well built and reasonably priced. I think there is a market for the hulls through brand awareness or even a name change.

The fact he discloses issues involving the business is a good thing for a potential buyer, no? Absolutely it’s a rare sight to really get the real skinny on a business. Been there, done that. If a party is interested it’s their responsibility to perform due diligence along with incorporating protected contact verbiage.

Here is where I get a rub, We have a charter member list a link to RDP ripping the Lambs. Next thing you know there will be a speed on the water link about this s**t.
Next thing you know there will be a speed on the water link about this s**t.

No, there won't.

The following 4 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
Gary C (02-14-2024), Skater30 (02-18-2024), sonicss42 (02-14-2024), Stuckonstupid (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 11:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by HuskerPerformance
I posted a link to give people information to make informed decisions. Here are more links to help people make informed decisions. https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-lamb-19
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/ci...tion-equipment
I really have no personal opinion of Todd Lamb other than the fact that he did start several threads on OSO to promote his business without being a paid advertiser and he continued to start more threads after the previous ones were deleted.
The post he made above by him though may be one of the most unprofessional rants I have ever read by a business owner or any former "peace officer"
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
bulletbob (02-14-2024), Stuckonstupid (02-14-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.