What's Mike's brothers age?
Way to go Jeffrey
How does everyone like their Tuna ?
I like mine seared
What's Mike's brothers age?
Negative Ghostrider, The pattern is full.
Oh yeah......so who was the pilot? Maverick?
[SIZE=4]That's right, Iceman! I am dangerous![/SIZE]
Last edited by PhantomChaos; 12-03-2002 at 02:31 PM.
AND OJ WAS GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, who is Ghost Rider????????
Come on WHO WAS GHOSTRIDER?????
Originally posted by GottaHaveIt
That sounds as fishy as what I heard on Leno last night, where
a lady called the cops claiming someone broke into her house and
used her computer and credit card on Porno sites. She mentioned
that it "could not have been her 30 year old son who was watchin
the house while she was away, becasue he doesn't know anything
about the internet."
He could be a fello boater looking to buy a Huster boat online from their site: www.Hustler.com ive heard of some nice 26's on there for sale...
- Numerous violations of standard Navy operating procedures.
- Numerous errors of fact regarding Navy equipment and their capabilities.
- There is no such aircraft as a "MiG-28".
- It is impossible to fly two aircraft inverted so closely together.
- The main rear cockpit display in an F14 is a Tactial Information Display, not a PPI scope as indicated.
- Navy pilots fly with sun visors down.
- When Maverick is launched to help Iceman, he is more than 110 miles from him. Claiming he'll be there in 30 seconds, he would have to travel at 13,200mph (Mach 18). His F-14's top speed would be Mach 2.
- All Navy pilots wear NOMEX flight gloves.
- * When Maverick tells Goose " I'm going to hit the brakes (air) and he'll fly right by." He inadvertently throws the throttle straight forward which actually would have sent him into afterburner and thus the speed brakes would not have actuated.
- * The "Mig 28's" Maverick and Goose encounter are actually F-5 Tiger II which the Navy now uses primarily as adversaries in training pilots in dogfighting.
- *** In all of the scenes where you see the supposed heads up display, all of the graphic targeting markers are incorrect. The only plane that had a semi realistic marker was the jet flow by Viper when he was using cannons. Also real Heads Up Displays (HUD) , have airspeed indicators, compass readings, altimeters, and depending on weapons setting, range and percent effectiveness.
- In the scene where Maverick's Tomcat goes into a flat spin, it can clearly be seen that just prior to the spin as well as during the spin the plane is nowhere near any water. But as soon as Maverick & Goose eject from the plane they magically appear over water.
- The markings on the supposed Mig-28 's were North Korean, but the Battle Group was in the Indian Ocean. There is a great distance between North Korea and the Indian Ocean so it would have been impossible for the Mig-28 's to go that far to engage a ship.
- ****** When Maverick lands on the aircraft carrier and then decides to go get Cougar he pulls back on the throttle instead of putting it at full power.
I don't know if I should be impressed by your power of observations or scared that you watched Top Gun so much to notice the errors.
I am going to go home this evening and watch "Shrek" with my 5 year old and see if I see mistakes in that movie.
Hey......it's not me! I'm not the fanatic! I'm a fan....but gezzz!
There is no Ghost Rider character in the movie:
These guys are the TopGun nuts:
From the link below.............
Before I begin I would like to clarify about what it takes to be classified a Top Gun nut. The only requirement is that you must have watched the movie a minimum of 50 that's fifty times. I myself have watched the movie in excess of 200 times, in fact I am on my second copy of the movie as I wore out my first copy. I am still far from the champion Top Gun funatic though. A good friend of mine who will remain nameless (Steve Mason) has actually watched this movie at least 300 times, he is currently on his third copy of the movie!! If you are wondering how anyone could possibly watch a movie that many times, than you obviously haven't seen it yet.
Top Gun Nuts
Last edited by PhantomChaos; 12-03-2002 at 08:04 PM.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine