‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Notices

‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Old 03-05-2024, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Lots of them now.

yellowfin and one of their counterparts laid up in Mexico now.

Axopars and others from Poland. Schaefer’s from Columbia. Aquilas from China.
hey now don’t be dissing the Columbia boat builders.

they are pretty good at semi submersible cargo carriers! Lol
The following users liked this post:
Quinlan (03-06-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I hate this. For years I've wondered when the temptation to make a little more profit would lure some American builder to set up business in a third world chit-hole and undercut their American-made competition. I hope their Brazilian venture fails.
agree 💯
Old 03-05-2024, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I don’t recall seeing pics of the first one completed.
It isn't complete just yet.

still a month or so away
Old 03-05-2024, 09:50 PM
Registered

I hate this. For years I've wondered when the temptation to make a little more profit would lure some American builder to set up business in a third world chit-hole and undercut their American-made competition. I hope their Brazilian venture fails.
Statement is still here, in America, and in Clearwater. All rigging and finish work will be done here too for these two lines that Randy is overseeing.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Real estate, rentals, equipment, labor, taxes, materials, red-tape, insurance companies run amok, the same reasons a massive number of our large corporations have off-shored many of their products and services.
Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Statement is still here, in America, and in Clearwater. All rigging and finish work will be done here too for these two lines that Randy is overseeing.
I’d be prepared to bet IF the reason is to reduce their costs, those savings will not be passed on to the buyers.

IF all rigging and finish work is still being done in America, then this decision on the face of it makes even less sense.

Comparing Statement with other businesses that go off shore is like comparing apples with oranges. What are they going to save? A handful of staff and possibly real estate/occupation costs. Most of the other costs would be global.

To counteract that, you have shipping costs and the unknown of the stigma of this absolute premium product in terms of price, being made in boating Mecca that is Sao Paolo
Old 03-06-2024, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
I’d be prepared to bet IF the reason is to reduce their costs, those savings will not be passed on to the buyers.

IF all rigging and finish work is still being done in America, then this decision on the face of it makes even less sense.

Comparing Statement with other businesses that go off shore is like comparing apples with oranges. What are they going to save? A handful of staff and possibly real estate/occupation costs. Most of the other costs would be global.

To counteract that, you have shipping costs and the unknown of the stigma of this absolute premium product in terms of price, being made in boating Mecca that is Sao Paolo
What Randy is doing with the 44 CC and the 39 Cat is actualy a seperate division of Statement owned by Randy (from fast boats). Also these are both high dollar built lines, these were never to be "budget boats" so I don't think the saving is suppose to be passed anywhere. The 44 CC is a $999k starting line boat itself.

Nick the original owner of statement, still operates as he aways has here in Clearwater FL and the cat in S.C and still will zeeo does or wil change there. It is a bit confusing as the Statement name is still being used but it is in fact a seperate buisness venture for thise teo models being built there.

In fact there is 3 "Statement" businesses now. The boats we all know, he opended a refit/rebuilt dvision for any model boat, and now statement with Randy in south America which again is only for the hull/Glasswork of the 44 CC and 39 Cat.

Randy Is not new to the boat Biz, there is a rsason he went with setting up shop for this line in South America. People are going to hate anytime something isn't built here but the hard truth is it is insanely costly with piss poor help more times than not to build here. It's an ugly truth.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 03-06-2024 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

What Randy is doing with the 44 CC and the 39 Cat is actualy a seperate division of Statement owned by Randy (from fast boats). Also these are both high dollar built lines, these were never to be "budget boats" so I don't think the saving is suppose to be passed anywhere. The 44 CC is a $999k starting line boat itself.

Nick the original owner of statement, still operates as he aways has here in Clearwater FL and the cat in S.C and still will zeeo does or wil change there. It is a bit confusing as the Statement name is still being used but it is in fact a seperate buisness venture for thise teo models being built there.

In fact there is 3 "Statement" businesses now. The boats we all know, he opended a refit/rebuilt dvision for any model boat, and now statement with Randy in south America which again is only for the hull/Glasswork of the 44 CC and 39 Cat.

Randy Is not new to the boat Biz, there is a rsason he went with setting up shop for this line in South America. People are going to hate anytime something isn't built here but the hard truth is it is insanely costly with piss poor help more times than not to build here. It's an ugly truth.
His complaint, and mine too, is that they’re doing 3rd world layups and still charging full price.

Fountains were the best deal going at the boat show. They manage it, all in NC.
The following users liked this post:
allstarmarine (03-14-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Registered

His complaint, and mine too, is that they’re doing 3rd world layups and still charging full price.

Fountains were the best deal going at the boat show. They manage it, all in NC.
Can you support that that is any difference in layup quality or are we just going to jump to a conclusion that there is?

If there is or quality issue pop up, them your idea and concern is well founded. If there isnt and its just as good or even better in quality. Now your just upset at a way someone found a possible profit margin you don't like is all.

Someone has to be the best deal, good for fountain. Someone should get them a cookie.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Can you support that that is any difference in layup quality or are we just going to jump to a conclusion that there is?

If there is or quality issue pop up, them your idea and concern is well founded. If there isnt and its just as good or even better in quality. Now your just upset at a way someone found a possible profit margin you don't like is all.

Someone has to be the best deal, good for fountain. Someone should get them a cookie.
I am not a prospect for a new Statement CC, but as an educated consumer I would be extremely reluctant to purchase a million dollar boat laid up in Brazil. I was not aware that Brazil was a premier boat building center/country with access to the best and most advanced composites, layup materials, technology, techniques, and requisite experience and knowledgeable workers to perform this task.

I wish Mr. Sweers success, but I would never ever buy those boats built in Brazil.

There are many other domestically built boats that are similarly priced. May the purchaser make the decision that suits his or her needs/budget.

The following 2 users liked this post by Smarty:
Hoodoo 2.0 (03-06-2024), TrippM (03-07-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

I generally prefer to buy things made in the USA on principle.
The following 3 users liked this post by hogie roll:
Brad Christy (03-07-2024), endeavor1 (03-06-2024), LAriverratt (03-08-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.