‘Over The Top’  44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production >

‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Notices

‘Over The Top’ 44-Foot Statement Center Console In Production

Old 03-06-2024, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I generally prefer to buy things made in the USA on principle.
Generally made by those not from the USA

We dislike when it's made in their country but okay with them moving here and just building it in this country for feel goods.

Mean while rent, insurance, and labor cost are exponentially more here and are at peak highs. You live in this area, thr cost have rocketed up.

This isn't the USA it use to be. That warm and fuzzy feeling shipped out a while ago.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 03-06-2024 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:18 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I am not a prospect for a new Statement CC, but as an educated consumer I would be extremely reluctant to purchase a million dollar boat laid up in Brazil. I was not aware that Brazil was a premier boat building center/country with access to the best and most advanced composites, layup materials, technology, techniques, and requisite experience and knowledgeable workers to perform this task.

I wish Mr. Sweers success, but I would never ever buy those boats built in Brazil.

There are many other domestically built boats that are similarly priced. May the purchaser make the decision that suits his or her needs/budget.
What do you know about his lay-up process & materials?
Old 03-06-2024, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
What do you know about his lay-up process & materials?
I know I’m not comfortable to giving $1 million of my money for a boat built in Brazil.

After 50+ years of being around boats I think I know a thing or two, I may not know it all but this is something I’ve never heard of before my entire life, subbing construction to a Brazilian boat builder.

Are you an investor in this operation? I assume your friends with Mr. Sweers, hence your defense.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-06-2024 at 05:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Brad Christy (03-07-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 05:49 PM
Registered

I know I’m not comfortable to giving $1 million of my money for a boat built in Brazil. I think that’s insane.

After 59 years of being around boats I think I know a thing or two, I may not know it all but this is something I’ve never heard of before my entire life, subbing construction to Brazilian boat builder.

are you going to defend the expertise of the Brazilian builders is that what I understand?

I am going to give them a chance instead of blindly wrighting them off.

Again. Your happy to have a brazlian worker built your boat here and stampped with USA but seem to have a problem with the same worker building it not in the USA for zero reason other than cause "Merica".
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I am going to give them a chance instead of blindly wrighting them off.

Again. Your happy to have a brazlian worker built your boat here and stampped with USA but seem to have a problem with the same worker building it not in the USA for zero reason other than cause "Merica".
I don’t recall anyone from Phantom, Donzi, Pantera, Fountain, using Brazilian immigrantboat builders/labor. Your argument is flawed and inaccurate when it comes to me.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

I know I’m not comfortable to giving $1 million of my money for a boat built in Brazil.

After 50+ years of being around boats I think I know a thing or two, I may not know it all but this is something I’ve never heard of before my entire life, subbing construction to a Brazilian boat builder.

Are you an investor in this operation? I assume your friends with Mr. Sweers, hence your defense.
Nope, don't know him but my bull$**** meter goes off when I read garbage like that.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Indy
Nope, don't know him but my bull$**** meter goes off when I read garbage like that.
I posted an opinion, you disagree, you resorted to foul language. This is exactly the reason why I’ve started to dislike this website after 20+ years of being on it.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

I posted an opinion, you disagree, you resorted to foul language. This is exactly the reason why I’ve started to dislike this website after 20+ years of being on it.
Oh jeez, calm down...such drama.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 712 Likes on 262 Posts

Leroy at Phantom.👍
The following 2 users liked this post by Hoodoo 2.0:
hogie roll (03-06-2024), Smarty (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 06:50 PM
Registered

Are we going to turn this into a how many white vers non white people.work for who now......got to love it.

Phantom is a great boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.