Notices

APBA or SBI

Old 12-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rlw,

your absolutly right. this is what we did in the central division. we have f1,f2, and the p classes. there is no more super v just super v light. it is rare for those guy's to come to a divisional.same with supercat. they are always welcome to the races but they race purley for points and a trophy unless you have a bunch come. in the central division they kept the old a class going wich is similiar to the 21 ft outboard boats. they kept that going because there was a consistant 5 or more in the class. if we get ten guy's saying they would run there 21 then boom they have there own class. if ther is only one or two then they either get thrown in another class or sit out.

ron,

absolutly right. it does cost money to do a race. let's just say we have no sponsors for race # 1. if we can get 30 plus boats theres your operating money. the more boats the better we do. if we can pull of show #1 and look good have a good boat count and so fourth the sponsors will come to us. i truly belive if we can get everbody on the same page and put on a couple of races between myself and dave patnoid and a few others there will be no problems with sponsors. dave and i already have 95% of the work done to throw an antlantic city race together and make it a good one. i also have 95% of the work done for a race in conn. i am also sure we can put together one in point pleasent and one on md. if we concentrate on those four races for the next couple years and make them the best we can we all will do great things.

Treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ERIC....

I think I just got wood...way to go
Old 12-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Registered

plenty of wood for everbody.
Attached Thumbnails APBA or SBI-timberz1%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-07-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

Is that you backyard? i love what you've done with the place. lol
Old 12-07-2002, 07:34 PM
WATERBOY2

I personally think the sport is better now than its ever been, mostly due to the competition based rules model of the APBA.It used to be check book racing, but now the level of competition in most classes is better than its ever been due to spec engine & drives,and weight and length limits.I think the plan next year is to have FEWER NATIONAL CLASSES.The engine lease program is a major step in the right direction and should help draw more boats to those classes and create competition among the manufactuers; another positive.The TV shows are better than ever, because they focus on racing.The P-Classes serve a great purpose to attract new racers and to bring older outdated race boats and other high performance boats to the fleet.This sport will never be NASCAR and people have to realize that, but I feel the APBA is headed in the right direction to maximize the potential of offshore racing.Just my opinion.

Old 12-07-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered

Hey Waterboy....your second post tonight.
Welcome to the addiction... I agree on the following.

Will never be nascar and more divsional races. I like the engine lease program too, BUT people with the $$$$ will spend the money every year making the hulls faster. I just cant afford that. Which is why I prefer the P classes.

So....Who are you?
Old 12-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

bruce,

actually bruce if p class guy'struly wanted to move up most factory boats are no more and sometimes less expensive then p class boats. plus a lot of the manufactures of prett y good pay so it would not even cost you a dime to race.

Treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

ERIC,

I couldnt agree with you more. Ive been playin phone tag with Brian Hollis with regards to his new Joker F-1. The only thing is that I have this great 28 foot Pantera that im still workin on and
I'de like to get a full season in before I jump up.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:59 PM
WATERBOY2

Unhappy

Bruce,
I see your point, and agree with divisional racing.........race all year in your division and once a year go to Key West to race boats in your class from all over the country.I was lucky enough to race at the Worlds in K.W. in 1994 in A-Class.......34 boats strong........147 boats total.......ALL sanctioning bodies participating.....boats from EUROPE and PUERTO RICO.....probably the best race ever held to date....except the fact that Tom Gentry was lost.

Mark

Old 12-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

WOW...now thats a nice turn out.

Im sure we can bring it back to that. APBA had 91 boats in KW this year and I thought that was impressive.

Quick Reply: APBA or SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.