Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA or SBI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38232-apba-sbi.html)

RLW 12-07-2002 09:52 PM

Sounds like youz guys gotsa good thing goin' dere in Joisy.
How was that for my Jersey accent?

It is nice to see the passion you have for the sport.
There was this OSO member who responded to another thread about Offshore Racing. He described the festive atmosphere at a race in Europe. He figured most of the people had no idea what a race boat was but came out to party regardless. I mean, who doesn't like the excitement of Big Block Chevys and unrestricted exhaust. Put that with a Festival and bingo, you've got the makings of a good time.
Plan the race around an event that the participating town is going to have anyways and half of the logistics are in place already. Concessions and Emergency people will be in available as they are already there.
Having the race in conjunction with another event is generally a recipe for success. One of my best times I had at a boat race was when the town had their "Canal Fest" and a boat race on the same weekend. We were going from the daytime party (Race) to the evening activities (street/ block party carnival). It was fun!
The following year they separated the two events in to two different weekends and it just didn't have the same energy.

Don't forget the exposure the Festival people will give the Race in their advertising.

Treadwellmotorsports 12-08-2002 07:41 AM

waterboy,

i remember that race. i was running my 28 checkmate that year in f1 class. blew everbodys doors off and i broke about 400 ft from the finish line. i was robbed. but ye it was fun . i remember the first turn. 35 a boats and 10 factory boats hitting a wall of water at the same time. we all looked liked torpedoes. it was great.

Treadwell

Ron P 12-09-2002 12:44 PM

When it comes to P class racing, is there really any difference?

BRUCE SEROFF 12-09-2002 01:15 PM

No one's gettin pissed off. Just making fair and impartial comments.

AugiePensa 12-09-2002 01:43 PM

Thanks Ron,you da man!!!!!!!!!

RLW 12-09-2002 10:34 PM

Did I mention less classes?
35 "A" Boats sounds like some damn good racing.

Clackster 12-10-2002 07:23 AM

New Ride!!

Beckley,

Thanks for hooking me up with Gary. Guess what I have in the parking lot?
I could only dream of the sucess Gary has had with this rig and plan to give it all I got!!
Looking for a driver this winter and will be testing a few out in the coming weeks.
I pulled every sticker off this past week and polished the entire boat.......great shape!!! I think it weighs 10lb less.
I may need some graphics,hook me up?

Clackster

PhantomChaos 10-21-2005 01:01 PM

Re: APBA or SBI

Diggin deep! :D :D :D