Notices

Total Dollar insurance

Old 12-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about Sy. He did hook me up and was very competitively priced. Unfortunately, it seems the rules of the game may have changed again.

I'm going to have to call around. If there are other sources any of you besides the one above -- I'd appreciate it.

dh
Old 12-04-2002, 12:42 PM
boater31

hey dock! when arre we gonna get to see ya?? arent ya coming thru this weekend??

Old 12-04-2002, 01:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Russ,

Our plans have changed slightly.

It is snowing like crazy here. We were going to leave tomorrow but that is out.

The plan now is to drive down to Savanna Sunday and go into Jacksonville Monday morning.

How about dinner Sunday night somewhere at exit #94?

I will call you.

Doc
Old 12-04-2002, 01:18 PM
boater31

HOOTERS!!!

Call me and we can figure a place out. depending on what time ya get in. i am at 912-313-8686

Old 12-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Cy, but I renew sometime in early summer. I was with PMI before so I may have to start shopping. A savy insurance rep could clean up on this board.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Meaning

Sy will be unable to respond as he is on vacation for the week. I am the manager at Total Dollar and we are presently replacing almost all business with CNA through ACE USA. ACE USA is the largest insurer of boats in the world and offers the most comprehensive policy for boats in the performance industry.

As for the layup issue, CNA was trying to be cutting edge and offering 12 months navigation with a layup credit for the geographical area your boat was located in. Their thought process with this was to eliminate phone calls and paperwork at the beginning and ends of the boating season to extend navigation periods. No other marine insurance carrier in the performance market offered this option so unfortunately it is back to the traditional lay up deals where if you are getting credit for it, you must take it.

We still offer Protection and Indemnity Insurance which is the broadest form of liability insurance for boats. Most of your homeowners and auto insurers offer Watercraft Liability which only covers bodily injury and property damage but does not cover you for the admiralty laws you may need to address for owning and operating your boat.

We are presently developing additional exclusive in house programs so that we may adapt and change with the growth of the performance boat market. Further information will be made available as we get further details. Please feel free to call the main office if you have any concerns, but you will be seeing renewal proposals which will still be both competitive in price and comprehensive in coverage approximately 30-45 days prior to your expiration.

Arthur Buhr
Marine Manager
Total Dollar