Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38277-jersey-boyz-calling-all-racers.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-07-2002 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
mike, i dont know about that...kinda think Sharkey has that class wrapped up. no one can beat the 13 foot sharkey boat in rough seas
:D :D :D Thanks Bruce! I may just have to dust off the molds and build one for a 2.5 Merc EFI now... :eek: ;) :D :D :D

SINGLE OUTBOARDS!!! That was an awesome class in the NPBA days. Think of all the 21 ft Superboats and Shadows/Challengers you could possibly bring in......:cool: :cool:

Treadwellmotorsports 12-07-2002 12:40 AM

ron p and strike,

as always there comes a slight attitude and i am sure you think i have one to. but there is a northeast division of apba. this does not mean you have to reivent the wheel. opa can be the presenting club to the races. all opa has to do is send there fee's to apba and boom your sanctioned ( with allweis's approval of course).

now i have watched this over the last 13 years and felt the pain because i was one of the racers getting tossed from club to club. let's all be honest here and stop the bull**** and getting peoples lip's dripping for no reason. untill one person can say let's run the apba flag then it's all mute. i don't know what your all afraid of but they are not a big monster going to eat you.

well mabye one or two of you but the rest are safe.

Treadwell

Treadwellmotorsports 12-07-2002 12:42 AM

whoever moniters this forum, i agree move this to racers roundup. could get ugly.

Treadwell

rephrase it will get ugly eventuly

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-07-2002 01:27 AM

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
Untill one person can say let's run the apba flag then it's all mute.

Treadwell

Perhaps that one person burned the bridge behind him or her? :confused: And just won't come to their senses for the good of the sport and settle any differences they may have.... It would be in the best interest for all the racers as well as a business stand point to do this. That is if they own a business that revolves around racing.......;)

Treadwellmotorsports 12-07-2002 01:40 AM

sharkey,

i new i loved you for some reason or another. finally somebody has the balls to say it. we were led around by our ears by one person and in the end it was stuck up our ass and still is.

to all,
i will help with the races and so will just about everbody else i know and the people they know if the apba flag is run. untill then have fun runnin around in the ocean by yourselfs.

and i will say it one more time. i don't know what you people have against apba. the divisional races are run by the clubs that produce them. the only thing apba gets is insurance fee and a sanctioning fee. other then that you are left alone to do what you want basically. just run there guidelines and that's it.
Treradwell

Treadwellmotorsports 12-07-2002 01:41 AM

hey sharkey , what are you doing up this late???

Treadwell

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-07-2002 03:35 AM

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
hey sharkey , what are you doing up this late???

Treadwell

OFFSHORE ONLY ADDICTION :D :D :D

OSO Board Gods, Where is the "HELP" link for us addicts. This is almost as bad as Gambling... ;)

Treadwellmotorsports 12-07-2002 10:38 AM

neeeeeeeeed hheelpppppp cccccaaaan't stop

Treadwell

AugiePensa 12-07-2002 10:40 AM

Sharkey,Treadwell hey guys,just a thought,we're running OPA,we would like to race SBI,APBA ,Phonguilo Offshore Racing Association and anyone else who will have us Jersey Boyz, but we are running OPA. I think you both should come to the meeting and help us out,come on Treadwell,you told Dave P you would go and Sharkey I just kinda expect you'll be there.Between Smitty,Kurt,Bruce and Myself we have a lot of good positive things happening and in the works,we just need a little help and input from everyone.Thanks Augie.

BRUCE SEROFF 12-07-2002 10:54 AM

Eric, I've been watching your posts on both threads.
Now, we dont know each other, but I do know that you have been around this sport much longer than I have, and I certainly welcome your input as, Im sure all the others do. However I think we (The Jersey Boyz) are looking at this from a different perspective. Yes making money would certainly be nice (**** even great) but we, (I believe), are in it for the passion of the sport and only have limited funds to put toward our passions. As you know, good paying sponsors are not easy to come by, especially in todays economy. Plus they dont really look at P boats because we dont get the media coverage. So, what do we do? Wait around for them or do it on our own and do the best we can with what we have to work with? Im relatively new to the sport as a racer, but Ive been following it for years as a fan and Ive seen all the changes and heard all the BS between sanctioning bodies. The object here, is to bring racing back to what it once was.
I personally believe that APBA puts on a better show, has better media coverage and brings in alot more boats. However, I think that there is strength in numbers and if we can all get together on the same page, without stepping on any toes, I think it will once again be a great sport and the sponsors will come calling.
So, come on board and speak your peace (without ruffling feathers) and we will make this thing happen.

Hope to meet you soon

Bruce Seroff