Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Snow Shovel Repair (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38311-snow-shovel-repair.html)

Rambunctious 12-05-2002 01:17 PM

My dad just loaned me his snow shovel for the winter.

we jsut built a house on a 800' private drive leading to our 120' driveway.

fortunately the loaner is a 5200 JohnDeer 4x4 deisel with a 1 yard front bucket and a back blade. ARG....ARG... Arg...... in a tim allen voice.

it's awesome windrowing the private drive in 7th gear at 2100rpm and my 4 year old steering!!!!!

we feel like the county boys on a triple time holiday weekend!!!!
wooo hoooo!

another 2" on the ground Austin...Let's GO plow again!!!!

Wally 12-05-2002 01:46 PM

hehe...i just milled the head on the snowblower for higher compression! :D guess i'll have to start mixing some racegas in with the 93 octane! :D :D

HOUSTONPROP 12-05-2002 06:22 PM

LABBED SNOW SHOVEL

WE ARE HEARING ONE TO TWO EXTRA SCOOPS OF SNOW PER SECOUND/WITH A POLISHED HANDLE/ A SATIN FINISHED HANDLE IS GETTING 4 TO 5 EXTRA SCOOPS /DARIN:D :p :)

bouyhunter 12-05-2002 07:16 PM

does anyone make extension boxes for a Honda??

And what x- dimension should I be running???:D :D :D

Madcow 12-05-2002 07:16 PM

As far as the choice between prochargers and whipples, I'm told that prochargers make more heat, so on a snow shovle that might be a good thing.:D

Ted G 12-05-2002 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, so the 900SC is installed, what kind of drive can I use to quit blowing lower units, and would a drive shower help???

jafo 12-05-2002 08:23 PM

insptech- nice!!!!:D :cool:

You guys may laugh, but my new snowblower has external steering. Squeeze the left handle, goes left. Squeeze the right , goes right. No more wrestling matches!:D :D

Smitty 12-05-2002 09:19 PM

Hey Houston,

Maybe I can send you my trusty old aluminum Craftsman snow shovel and you can straighten the rolled edges, repair the crack and then lab finish it for the perfect balance.

C'mon whadaya say??? Gotta keep those employees sharp through the lean months!!!

Send me a quote!!!:D :D :D :D

Ratchet 12-05-2002 09:22 PM

Originally posted by insptech
Alright, so the 900SC is installed, what kind of drive can I use to quit blowing lower units, and would a drive shower help???
You should be fine w/o a drive shower.....what you really need to do is change the carb adapter plate, and mount the carbs the right was (turn them 90 degrees)......I think you should get an extra foot of throw when you hit the heavy stuff ! lol

Nice pic............with the exhaust off the side, you may want to add one of those enclosure covers with the lights :)

Ted G 12-05-2002 09:49 PM

Originally posted by Ratchet

Nice pic............with the exhaust off the side, you may want to add one of those enclosure covers with the lights :)

Actually the unburned nitro on my sleeves tends to keep me nice and toasty, I just need to wear the Nomex parka that I use for the flaming snowmobile stunts :D