Notices

Davis Group/State Farm

Old 12-07-2002, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Davis Group/State Farm

A question for those more experienced with insurance claims than me. The independant firm working for State farm finally gave his report to the insurance company about our claim. Short story: Gimbal torn off and broke in three places, bottom of hull damaged, broken prop. All of this from a submerged log ( with 6-8 witnesses.

They are saying the bottom damage is from prior fatigue and we did not hit a log because the outdrive doesn't show enough damge. They offered 20% of what the estimates were.

Can we contest this.? What should our first step be.? Does anyone have a similar experience with a good outcome.?
Old 12-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Yes you can, you have many ways you can go.

First I would start with your agent, he is the one that knows you and you pay your money to. Get he/she involved in your behalf.
Make sure he has the names of all the witnesses, let him go back to claims with it first.

They have to prove the cause was other than what you reported.
In dealing with the claims dept start off working with them. Try and see if they will pay for or split the cost of an independent surveyor for an objective opinion. Remember their independent works for them, not you!!

Keep track of all the people you speak with, what they tell you and times dates for same. You may need it later.

If none of that works file a complaint with the Presidents office at corprate, thats when you will need all the contacts you kept track of.

If you need addl info or help p.m me and I'll call you.

Hope this helps, maybe others can add to this.

Dean
Old 12-07-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

Also, Davis and Co. have a very bad rep in our area. Most marine shops will not even let them inspect on there property because of
many many stories just like this one.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

Ditto, they went so far on me to try and pursue prosecution for fraud. A holes.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:18 PM
merlin540

just go boating with a gallon of coleman fuel on board. pour it in the bilge and lite it. i bet they pay you claim then. insurance company's are bull****.