Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  Bush v. Clinton at Christmas >

OT: Bush v. Clinton at Christmas

Notices

OT: Bush v. Clinton at Christmas

Old 12-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Just Say N2O

Take a breather for a moment. Some advice please. How do you "watch" the development of a discussion like this? Is the only way to do it, go back to the General Discussion area, and then re-enter a particular thread?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

28 and Bill
Look here is my take on this RE:Corprations

1 This country became the most Business unfriendly place on earth circa 90’s much to the Glee of the French and Germans and the rest of the world (Handcuffing American business)

2 for some reason our industrial base was shifted to china in the misguided belief that bringing their industry foreword 10-15 years (sacrificing our manufacturing base) would speed democracy! Now the simple fact is we do not build anything here anymore. (Home depot may as well be the Chinese embassy)

It comes to decisions which would you rather work for?
A well managed rich company?

Or a poor company on the verge of chapter 7?

We all Work and or Own or Invest in Companies? Before we come down too hard on them look where your food comes from, corporate scandals they come and go and also bring new rules to protect from repetition.

Also in the 90’s our primary energy suppliers got sold off Amoco to BP/Arco-North Slope the bastards even spiked the west coast fuel prices. Who in the hell let this happen??

Industry has to be encouraged to return somehow small high-tech industrial parks are not the answer.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

our industial base was shipped oversea's by greedy corporations and u.s. policy that encouraged it. information economy my a$$, what good is info if you make no goods to sell?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The main culprit in this was none other that the Clinton-Gore team
Old 12-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Registered

come on steve , everything cannot be blamed on clinton, PLEASE

i'm no big clinton fan , but now R's are in charge , who ya gonna blame now?

BTW, please take this conversation as more of a barroom disscussion than a fight to the death
Old 12-08-2002, 10:33 PM
The Raven

Default Our differences

may I have a few seconds of your time ?
If you read into all our posts, what is the one thing they have in commen ?
There all written by AMERICANS. We have the right to disagree, and criticize each other and Our Goverenment. Were the only Nation on earth that can SAFELY do so!! Were not perfect, but were the best !!
I strongly disagree with many of the posts here. I'm on the right, your views are on the left. But I often see your point.
I would venture to say there ain't one of us here who wouldn't stop to help a member with an opposing view, or share a beer with. I'll bet each one of us Is flying the COLORS .
Ok lets argue some more!!
1] Who thinks Hillary Clinton looks sexy. I think my Great Dane is in Love with Her!!
2] Would you want your daughter to work for Slick willie Clinton [ alone at night ?]
3] All boats should have mufflers [ so as not to disturb the peace of the Blow boaters] They should have rubber Props so they don't hurt the fish. Boats should have Air Pollution systems
so we have clean air to TAX. Horse power should be limited to 100. To save gas. Speed limit of 5 mph. so the birds sleeping on shore are not bothered.
A complete ban on Booze, Smokes,guns that we will be so safe , healthy and Nice to each other.
Oh Damn I left my beer and cigars in the gun safe!!
TAG your IT!!!!!!!!!! grinning

Old 12-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

i'm as turned off by the far left as the far right, i think for myself, read, educate, listen, so that i can form my opinions using my own head. somethings i can agree with steve1 , some things we could not be further apart on.

i can never understand people who fall for the party platform, hook ,line , and sinker. why would you let someone else form your opinions for you?

i do not like other people telling me what to do, unfortunately the religous right has managed to hijack the republican party to advance their cause.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You got to be kidding the Clinton-Gore Chinese connection!!!!!! Where were you??

Hell I was over seas and saw the thing happen. You name it they got it Missile technology not only that American Engineers (the best)at the Chinese launch sites, Proprietary computer technology, along with any and every manufacturing assistance they wanted. Ole Slick sold us out big time !!

Like I said he brought them foreward 15 years or so.

Hope you like everything made in China
Old 12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Registered

it's not my choice that everything is made overseas steve, american companies have sent or chose to make their products over there in the search for ever larger profits.

got to sleep, got to make american made products in the morning, til next time my formitable foe
Old 12-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Saber, Saber........ How about 1992 to 1994.

D's had House, Senate, White House and a Center/Left Supreme Court.

NOTHING got fixed, not even close, nada, nuttin'

Newt Gingrich comes along, huffs, puffs, lays out an agenda with national appeal-POOF......no more House or Senate.

1994-1996 House and Senate R's-blithly screwing everything up while Billy boy porks both Monica and the Country. Vetoing everything the R's come up with to solve most of the problems you listed.

1996-The Nation once again says to both Billy and the R's-get our crap fixed-now. Bill finally hears, and feels the special prosecutor getting closer to the truth, and finally becomes a realist, signs Welfare reform(4th time's the charm) and tries to move to the center.

2000- The nation is done with sleazy Dems, Sore/Loserman goes down (even after all the recounts held over the next year) and the D's con poor pathetic Jim Jeffords to jump and help them obstruct for just a little longer.

2002- Everyone has finally got it. Bush is the most popular ever, House and Senate to the R's and it is time to get to work. What we will see now is a hopefully smarter, more even handed approach to the issues. The D's now have 2 major league left wingers (Daschle and Pelosi) in charge and Al popping up to say everything sucks, but I have no answer to make it any better. If the D's want to actually work to solve problems, they have the wrong people in charge. If they obstruct for the next 2 years count on even more R's in the win column until the D's are rendered completely irrelevant.

It will be easy enough to see how the Dems want to play- if the first response to the first agenda item from the R's in January mentions anything about more people dying, old people or children starving, or the environment/economy being destroyed, it will be same old, same old and the D's are DONE.

Quick Reply: OT: Bush v. Clinton at Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.