had good luck with ORBITZ for booking hotels, air, lodging. seems the airfare is the same everywhere though.
our best vacation ever was at the Marriott in Maui. lots to do in Maui.
marriott was very nice and clean and the whole island is beautiful and clean, the local people definitely take pride in their land.
the Marriott is on the Kanapali beach.
things we did:
1) see sunrise and bike ride (coast the whole way) down Mt. Haliakala. started at 4:45 am at 10,000 ft, and ended the day at
lucnh at the South Shore.
2) snorkel/sail/ lunch/see whales on "Trilogy" a 60'? catamaran out of Lahaina.
3) road trip 1/2 way around island to Hana ( road to Hana)
awesome 7 step waterfall ( tourists named it the 7 pools)
1/2 day round trip. ltos of one lane roads hugging the edge of the island.
4) scuba dive with endangered sea turtles, etc
5) helicopter ride around island
6) walk the long beach, see two other islands in the distance and breaching whales in the morning. can even see the big island way in the distance at over 100 miles away!!
7) walk the shops of Lahaina ( old whaling town). lots of pubs and tee shirt stuff. about as commercial as Maui gets.
8) Iao valley ( state park in the interior of the island)
9) of course drink lots of fruity fuu fuu drinks ( kinda like the old trash bash days of college, don't know what's hitting you) gotta try a volcano!!!! lots of rum, three kinds I think, including 151 to top it off.