Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Time trials Canceled--Miss Bud seen leaving stealth launch site on lake (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38410-loto-time-trials-canceled-miss-bud-seen-leaving-stealth-launch-site-lake.html)

T2x 12-06-2002 05:52 PM

LOTO Time trials Canceled--Miss Bud seen leaving stealth launch site on lake

Just checking to see who's awake...............;)

T2x

tachyon 12-06-2002 06:23 PM

I heard they swapped the T55 for an Allison...........

RVRCAT28 12-06-2002 06:27 PM

The fog lifted about 11:00 am, Water Patrol left shortly after. The sun was out, the wind calmed down, and we went home.

1Boatnut 12-06-2002 07:07 PM

I heard there were a few pissed off participents....Some guys spent tons of money to be there,only to be cancelled.

fstboater 12-07-2002 09:27 AM

I was there on thursday the side roads were very slick no boats were running a wasted trip.Outerlimits, Cat can do,Kava Kava were there the Bardi silver boat was stuck in storage. Thats all I know about it as I worked on friday.:mad:

Gordo 12-07-2002 11:28 AM

Actually, I believe the Baccardi Silver boat was sitting on a lift, waiting to run.
The run was actually scheduled for Thursday morning. The Missouri Water patrol was kind enough to allow a "snow date" for Friday morning. They even extended the regatta permit time an extra hour. Unfortunately there were other events going on, plus it's hard to just "shut down" 6 miles of lake when people live right on the shoreline. By the time the fog lifted enough to see across the lake, which was needed for the timing equipment to function properly, they were almost out of time. I do, however, disagree with the decision not to allow any boats to run when they could have ran 3 or 4 with the time remaining.
Although there was a great deal of disappointment at the crane, I don't think anyone was really "pissed off". While these guys may be crazy, they're not stupid. The last hour aside, I don't think any of them were anxious to go out and run WFO thru the fog with less than 80 yards visibility.
Possibly the biggest disappointment was knowing there were going to be some new records set. I had the pleasure of testing a brand new prop with the Kava Kava/Vortec Extreme team on Thursday. We would have easily set a new Kilo record that day with that setup at over 91mph with me in the boat. Since Gary is a better straight line driver than I am, who knows what the number would have been. I'm pretty sure Bob Teague and the Dirty Duck was going to have a slug fest over the new number. Either way, one of them was going to hold a new world record. The one I was really looking forward to was the Outer Limits gang. They came with both barrels loaded, (two boats, just in case). I have no doubt Outer Limits will be the new King of the V bottom world soon.
Ok, I admit. It was cold and it sucked that no one got to run. But hanging around with some of the biggest offshore racing names in the world beats the hell out of sitting at home or work.

FunHome 12-07-2002 12:20 PM

I was too bad that it was cancelled! There was a lot of Heavy Hitters with Awsome Hardware ready to go!!! However I do see their point about the Fog being to thick!! I also understand their point that at 11:15am it seemed it was a "No Go" situation, if everone couldn't run it wouldn't be fair to let a few run. It sounded to me that even if they got started and tried to run everyone they probably would have ran past noon, and at that point the waterpatrol had already been very flexable. It seemed that it wouldn't have been a good idea to push to issue.

All-in-all it was nice to get to the lake, and to see some old friends. Gary and Steve from Kava Kava think that us people here in the Midwest have to be Nut's for putting up with this COLD weather!! I told them it's not even Winter yet!! After a quick trip to Wal-Mart to buy Long johns and Winter boot's I heard Steve say that "this cold weather should be illegal, and that he was sure it was somewhere!" Also I heard Gary reply to "How much snow is there?" with "How the Heck should I know!! All I know is that it's white everywhere and the snow is over my boat shoes!!"

Sorry mother nature didn't corporate with everyone this time!! Good luck to all the teams next time!!