Notices

Apache vs. Cigarette

Old 12-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Mikey~ I do believe everyone on the board realizes that I have only had 3 months of this world. BUT, wouldn't you agree that in my short little 3 months I have had some what of a crash course? Seeing as how Mr. Stinson has only boats and water between his ears.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

hey mike have i told you today that I LOVE YOU
Old 12-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by IceAngel
Ok Mikey~ I do believe everyone on the board realizes that I have only had 3 months of this world. BUT, wouldn't you agree that in my short little 3 months I have had some what of a crash course? Seeing as how Mr. Stinson has only boats and water between his ears.
THAT'S HARSH.....POOR SEAN DID HE GET ON THE PLANE YET?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not yet Mikey. Do you miss him that much?
Old 12-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

spitfire 1,

i think that any boat that sell sells for $150K plus being 15 years old has definitely held its value, wish i could say the same for some boats i have owned
Old 12-08-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

You know....one of the reasons I guess I started this thread is that having read the Apache whats in a name monster....a lot of lip service has been given to the merits of riding ones coat tails in claiming who has the rights to the real Apache......but in the end....if you are not keeping up with the latest technology out there whether it be steps or lighter lay ups or design improvements...its a moot point...because if no one is interested in buying an outdated design....what difference does it make......whether or not Searace is still in business a year from now I guess will be a good indication......
Old 12-08-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

Sabre28........I agree...to a point....but when you look at the price of boats across the board.....its hard to even get into a 33 much less a 38 or 41 for any less.......I guess my point is, that unless you have a real nice piece like Robert's Tonto or Medicine Man or the other well known Apaches....it may be more of a depreciating asset than would otherwise be the case.....
Old 12-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

any boat or car that is in less than perfect condition is going to be hammered in the resale dept. in the car biz, good clean stuff brought close to retail, now prime stuff brings wholesale and the rest....well, good luck

i dont think if you compare year for year and horsepower , apaches do any worse than a cig. etc.

remember supply and demand, there are not that many apaches out there.

i know what your point is , that will technology kill the value of these boats, but look at the value of desirable old cars , three times what they cost new, at least.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

"Yes there will always be guys like me who would love to own a classic Apache or Cigarette but I think there will be fewer and fewer of us."
Exactly....and with fewer and fewer of us around....improvements in design.....and the desire to go faster and faster....it is going to have a very negative effect overall on the the Apaches and older Cigs as a whole.....a good example is a TRS vs. a non TRS boat ....Again...unless you have a pristine piece like Tonto...Medicine Man..or Geronimo..just to name a few....it is going to be even more of a losing investment than a boat normally is......am I wrong??

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-08-2002 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fred, It's Sean you know my point of view on this subject. I guess all in all most of the older genere drop to a certain spot in value and hold steady. And that market depending on age and condition seems to be 75k-175k for a complete running piece.

So if you buy one for 450k new keep it until you absolutely can't stand it anymore or find an ass for that seat at your price.

Quick Reply: Apache vs. Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.