If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    1998 saber 28
    jenison mi

i'm quicker than you think

turn it around, if SABER laid up a 41 with the materials and schedule that a skater uses and knocked off 2000 lbs, would that make it a better boat?

you know as well as i do sometimes you need to have the weight out here to keep from getting your a$$ kicked by the lake, i think SABER came up with a good solution to the common complaint that the 41 was very heavy.

My Boats:
    32 Skater
    Ida, Mi
    Yes, I agree with that. I think I'll carry this over to the Saber thread, since we susposed to be talking about Apache vs Cigs.

I live in upstate NY…. Our boating season runs pretty much Memorial Day to Labor Day…. 10-year-old boats in this area can be in better condition then 3 yr. old boats from as far south as only Long Island… boats I’ve seen from Fla. Unless really cared for can be really rough after 2-3 years! But…. The name of the Manufacturer does have a bearing on the resale value no matter the condition…. Someone who wants a project, or someone who wants a mint condition used boat… still buys big name first…. I could be wrong but I think the name is as important, if not more, then the technology…. I’d buy an old TRS if it were well maintained…. Why not? They sure were durable… so what if it’s not state of the art… for that, don’t you usually have to buy new? And were talking about resale so were talking about a used boat…. Condition is clearly important… But Name matters….

My Boats:
    boatless... with money in the bank!!
    this thread really is what ive been debating in my new to me boat purchase... my purchase will be mostly based on what i think the purchase price vs resale wil be in 24 to 36 mo, be it a newer cig or older apache

My Boats:
    1989 41 Apache
    Grand Haven Mich.

Both are awsome each it's own appeal. I like the line of a APACHE,and they both must ride about the same. Zoonfun did TONTO give the bug for a 41. It'll be a while but when I add a 41 it will probadly be in addition to the 36. I built my shop to hold a 47 but I don't know if that will ever be a option.TOO OLD you have a beatiful boat.
    Last edited by Nykamp; 12-08-2002 at 12:56 PM.

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    Great thread!

My Boats:
    2000 Cigarette Topgun
    To me the biggest advantage of having a stepped boat was that it flew level without any tabs and it didnt seem to porpoise which to me is alot more efficient and a better ride. You also can have a higher X-dimension which reduces drag.

My Boats:
    Boats, Bikes, Cars
    Saint Charles, IL USA
    Yes Nykamp Tonto gave us the bug, that boat is unreal, a privilege of a lifetime to ride on it.

I think we will keep an eye ouy for a nice example of the same set up 6 pack full stagger. 3 pack is too tight, pain in the ass.

SBRT Southwest

Banana Re: Apache vs. Cigarette

Registered Platinum Member Comanche3Six's Avatar

Re: Apache vs. Cigarette

steps? who needs them when lake mi. is airing out the bottom for you. we probably average 2-3 footers everydayQUOTE]

Interesting perspective

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast