Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Became a Daddy Thursday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38535-became-daddy-thursday.html)

fountain27ho496 12-09-2002 10:27 AM

Need advice on this topic....

Interesting to see this topic this morning.
My wife wants a child, shes 33 I'm 40 she(we) has a 12 year
old daughter from previous. Spent the whole weekend
kicking this one around. I cant help to think about being
60 before the kid gets out of high school. And our 100hr
per year boating gone for good, no more trips, weekends away
etc. Cant take a baby in a 27 fountain. Can you tell I was single for 15 years before we got married.(april 01)
Need help and advice from the experts. thanks
John

klmken 12-09-2002 10:53 AM

John,
All I can say is stay tuned. I got 40 hours in with a pregnant wife last year and also snuck in a trip to France in late October. Your time is what you make of it. We have to loves in the boating world: speed and the water. Integrate the baby into your boating life. Maybe the first year isn't a good one to have the baby on your Fountain (I have a 22' Pachanga) but hopefully not much thereafter. If your primary love is the water do an express cruiser 'til you can rejoin the spped ranks again. There are plenty of time that I wish I had a big express with a/c and hot water and room for 6-8 of my friends, but that speed bug has me bad. I'll give it up for a while but I'll be back in a bigger faster boat when I return.
I'm dealing with that old man and college thing as well. I'll be 51 when she get there. Oh well that is the way the ball bounces. As long as I can get to the water and sneak a trip in to Europe once a year I'll be fine!!
It all comes down to sacrifices and what and how far you are willing to go. Might be the best thing you ever did.......
Good Luck,
Ken

fountain27ho496 12-09-2002 12:05 PM

Thanks ken and chris..

I was a little misleading, didn't want to get into any moral issues
shes 6 wks (slip) and I'm scared. Its all up to me and too much pressure. I've taken alot of risks in business etc. but none that
last a lifetime. Planned on early retirement, travel, move to fla. and boat all the time. And now...a new plan? Just wonder how everyone does it.
Congratulations to all of the new parents reading this thanks again. John

BODYSHOT1 12-09-2002 12:11 PM

Congratulations

..and May God Bless...

Happy Holidays!

Sydwayz 12-09-2002 01:04 PM

CONGRATS Ken!!

kitten 12-09-2002 04:56 PM

God Bless You!

fountain27ho496:

"Planned on early retirement, travel, move to fla. and boat all the time. And now...a new plan? Just wondering how everyone does it."
you just do it....plans can be changed!

fatdaddy 12-09-2002 08:35 PM

Congrats, we have 2 boys, 3 1/2 & 2 yrs. old and another one due on 4/03. We just found out that he is another little boy. "Me and the Boys" would look great on the back of a TopGun but I can't unload my cat. Again, congrats.

mopower 12-09-2002 09:09 PM

F27ho496,and others,
Don't be scared. We all were , and needlessly for the most part:cool:
If life hands you a bunch of lemons...make lemonade:D
That's why they make tiny pfd's and 9 gazillion sunblock:cool:
You may just have to slow down a bit for a while. Once they learn to hang on it'll be "FASTER DADDY FASTER":D . Then a little older and THEY want to drive;)

Mines getting married June 14,2003...Seem like he was born last week;)

Audiofn 12-09-2002 09:24 PM

Congratulations. You must be very excited :D:D Now out on the boat with your new family!!!!!!!!

Jon

riskybusiness 12-09-2002 09:43 PM

Godblessya, Bro!!!:D

First of all, it takes a REAL man to make a girl (even though you had the pattern right there in fron of you).:p I've got two...

You will never experience anything so challenging or rewarding!!!

Raising your kids is the most important job of your life.

More people in this world need to remember that..I trust you will.

Here's to your best CHristmas yet!!!:D