Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   That Thing Got A Hemi in it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38544-thing-got-hemi.html)

rjcardinal 12-09-2002 07:57 AM

That Thing Got A Hemi in it?

Sweet......

Anyone have the Hemi in a Dodge truck? This week my dealer is getting the first Hemi half tons in. Think I got my wife talked into driving it. If anyone has one I just wanted to know what they thought about it good or bad. My main concern is buying a first year model engine.

Help Im a diehard Chevy man and Im about to buy a Dodge!

I just cant stand the way the new Chevy's look. The Dodge Quad Cab four door with the short box just looks right. And with 345 horsepower and 375 ft pounds of tourqe I bet its a blast to drive.

Ron

Wally 12-09-2002 08:16 AM

Rumor has it that the Jeep Grand Cherokee will be poping up soon with that engine in it....But they are saying 355HP and mated to a stick!!! :eek: They want their "fastest SUV" title back! :D I cant wait to see it if it actually happens!

GRH 12-09-2002 08:54 AM

My Brother has been a die-hard GMC truck man for 20 yrs.... Just took delivery of his new Dodge RAM.... 4 dr., leather, nicest mirrors I've ever seen for towing.... they fold out!... $37K Sticker! but this truck is light yrs ahead of my 2000 RAM 1500.... and I love my Y2K.... Drive it... you'll own it....

Cord 12-09-2002 09:01 AM

It's not a hemi. Just a canted valve 350. Nothing more than retro name.

26scarab 12-09-2002 09:19 AM

Spend the money on the diesel !
My dad's coworker has one and loves the power but said it's only getting 9 MPG. This is on a truck that only has around 300 miles on it ,but how much better can it get ?

GRH 12-09-2002 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Cord
"HEMI" is short for Hemispherical.... it is a HEMI....

jmeng 12-09-2002 09:52 AM

You're not going to make her drive around in a 3/4 ton truck everyday are you??:D :D Sell the Blazer and get a diesel.

rjcardinal 12-09-2002 10:09 AM

LJ, this is going to be her truck! It will be a half ton 4 door.

Ron

Iggy 12-09-2002 10:52 AM

Cord
It is a true Hemi, more so than the "old" hemi.
So it isn't a 426.
Chrysler started with a clean sheet of paper for this one. When they were looking into what combustion chamber shape to use they looked into the old Hemi to see if would work. The cylinder heads are now more of a hemispheric shape than the old style. Still pushrod, but a better design.

jmeng 12-09-2002 11:14 AM

Ahh. Didn't know you could get the Hemi in a 1/2 ton. So your wifes truck will be bigger and have more power than yours.:rolleyes: :D