Proposed Winnipesaukee Speed Limit >

Proposed Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Notices

Proposed Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 12-11-2002, 07:01 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use to frequent that lake at least once a year. It's a beutifull lake, but the last few times just wasn't the same??? Got hastled a couple times, No reason really, just a safety inspection, but twice the same day?. I'm sure it was the out of state registration (MA).
My main lake I like alot is Lake Champlain. I spend three weeks out of the year up there. It's about 3.5 - 4 hrs from Springfield MA, and 4 - 5 from Boston. Just jump on I 89N and it brings you right there. Lots of room, 2 states, 2 countries, (USA and Canada).
Ran into the Coast guard once.They just waved from there boat. Speed limit? whats that..Boat trafic??? to big to notice any From Burlington VT you can make it to Montreal in a days ride, if you leave early and stop just for lunch. But taking 2 days makes for a nice ride.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by O-Limit37
[B]We heard about that boat. What was the paint job like?
Also, Mike Fiore had his GTX at the lake at the end of June for Fitzgerald's boat show. Unfortunately, we missed him because of bad weather. Since the lake was desolate we heard he launched his boat and was running across the Broads in the high 120's!!!

It was a base gel of what looked to be a pearl-like white, and it had darker green, red, yellow and possibly blue "swooshy" striping coming from the transom and running forward. He had staggered twins, etc.... It was sooo sweet! Sweet enough that it even caught my wifes eye and she commented on it, and she just loves the 38TG.

I missed that show this year, (had a wedding... damn-it!) But I'll be there this year for sure! I would liked to have seen MF's GTX running across the lake, that must have been something! I'm sure like most that are into it, I miss the races up there. The last year they had them I was anchored just east of Welch Isl. and I had a 40' cat run off my bow about 50' out at a solid 100! I thought my windshield was toast just from the noise... I think I was a bit too close to the course, but it was soooooo worth it. A few of my buddies were getting ready to jump overboard out of fear... too funny!
Old 12-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Kanookstr~ How do you like that Sunsation? What are you putting out for HP and what are you seeing for top end?
Old 12-12-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Woodsy,

Excellent post on winni.com. I think I'd even go along with the "user fee". Interestingly, the poll the Don is running is a 50/50 split for/against. Yet the vast majority of posts are against.
Karl
Old 12-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I agree, VERY lucid post / letter Woodsy!

I have thought all along that a combination of a fee-for-use and better education is a great start. Additionally, the thought of enforcing the laws that exist vs. implementing new ones seems to be time & effort better spent. Also maybe a good, hard look at the overall rental business up there, boats & lake lice included needs to take place. The continuing thought that ANYBODY can plunk down $250 / day and take out a boat on a lake that they may have never been on and may have no clue what they are doing... frightens the $hit out of me! I watch these folks all day long, with "Joe's boat rental" on the side of the boat, go on the wrong side of the bouys, fly through no wake zones and do this with 5min. worth of "instruction" from the marina that rented it to them. What is wrong with that picture!? I also like the idea of putting a cop (or post the lake patrol) on the public docks at night. If this had happened that Sunday night, the Littlefield / Hartman incident may never have taken place... So many ideas and so little interest on the part of the "powers that be" to make it happen.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Outer-I think i have spotted your boat in Wolfeboro. Great looking boat.... we rode along side you in a little velocity.

Did anyone see the 41 Yellow apache that was running around in the middle of the summer? It had number sixes and was incredibly sharp.

As for the guys with the 575's, there are only a few and they are noticably louder from my place on cow island than the 500's.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

Thanks guys...

I just figured it was time someone wrote something clear and cohesive instead of just bash. For the record, I hate fees, but the $$$ have to come from somewhere. It scares me too to see these rental boaters/PWC's out there with absolutely no concept piloting a 1000lb missile at 45-50mph. I don't think we could ever stop the rental business, especially for the lake lice, but it would be a good idea to regulate it a bit more...

One of those 575's would look really nice in my 22.... might even be able to keep up with a few of you bigger types....

Any of you guys going up to the bash at the Beacon?

Woodsy
Old 12-12-2002, 12:51 PM
O-Limit37

Originally posted by cowisl
Did anyone see the 41 Yellow apache that was running around in the middle of the summer? It had number sixes and was incredibly sharp.
The yellow/purple Apache "Snake Bite" is Fitzgeralds boat. Not sure about his drives, but I think he only has twin 496's in it. It's a great boat!!

Baja--I'm shocked that the poll is 50/50. When this whole speed limit debate started I cringed and thought we'd be in the minority. High-performance boaters took a lot of heat on the winni website this summer. I'm glad to see so much support.

Old 12-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

O-L,

The interesting thing is that the vast majority of posts are against the limit. That really suprised me based on all the bashing that's gon on in the past.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Snake Bite used to have 525's in it, and it had been sold but I'm not sure to whom. It is a McManus special...

OL / BD ~ This has to be the closest poll they will prob. ever run! Last I checked it was 1 VOTE difference 123 yay and 122 nay, crazy tight!

Quick Reply: Proposed Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.