Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help! ! Need a coupler (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38590-help-need-coupler.html)

rpm 12-13-2002 10:45 AM

Yes it does.

blown formula 12-13-2002 04:29 PM

Ok Ok Ok I give up !!!
You beat me up so bad that ............. I did not get a greasy old used coupler.....

Another GRAND OSO member sent me a coupler that might (and that's doubtful) have a hour on it! It still has the paint on the rubber insert! This thing was so clean, you could eat off it.
OSO is incredible.......... and thanks again!!:D

blue thunder 12-13-2002 06:25 PM

Formula31... I got a new coupler on ebay last night and now see there is another new one up for bid. I'm with you on the finances. Most people that say do everything the best are running single engine boats, or are related to the rockefeelers.

BT :cool:

formula31 12-13-2002 07:15 PM

Did you get the one for $170. Wow Thats still a good price but I coulnt believe it went so high. I got my first one, an early mag, thick plate version, for 75. Im gonna spring the 300 for the new style unless the one on ebay stays arounf 100, Dennis keeps trying to bid on them too. Did you get roller rockers yet?

blue thunder 12-13-2002 07:34 PM

Yeah that was me on the $170 coupler. As long as it is new like stated... much better than the $300 I find everywhere else. I agree that if I'd seen that fancy coupler in this thread, I'd of paid the $300 bones for the extended spline. Yeah Dennis is there on every coupler on ebay. He's just lookin for a deal Roller rockers I have. Came on engines (fairly new) when I bought the boat. Not sure I see the value in them over stamped other than stud clearance.

formula31 12-18-2002 02:11 PM

rpm, Well my flywheel housings have the small hole, wont clear a round plate coupler. Can you give me a price on flywheel housing too? Can these be cut open to the bigger size or will it weaken them too much.

rpm 12-18-2002 03:53 PM

It probably can be opened up, but I wouldn't. Bell hsg cost - $75.00

Rod

formula31 12-18-2002 04:44 PM

rpm, are those used ones? If so, Ill take 2. Im reading something like $400 for new.

blue thunder 01-06-2003 05:44 PM

Do the splines actually extend all the way to the end of that extended hub? Will the standard bravo 1 drive shaft spline length work with that? I am looking at my second engine now, and am seeing I don't like the wear on the coupler. My alignment is good, have checked it many times. Had the boat surveyed, so I am pretty sure it is structurally sound. I believe I am eating these due to trimming up too high. I have a piece of crap marina that at low tide requires trimming up, way up to get in. I try to plan around it, but some times it is unavoidable. Normally I would think this would eat u-joints. Blown Formula... do you by chance need to trim up high while the engine is running?

blown formula 01-07-2003 08:15 AM

Not normally, however due to my low water pickups, I do trim up high when beaching the boat at our Hot Boat Island meeting place. But that is only for about a 75 foot approach to the beach.
I am certain my wear was due to Arizona Speed not tightnening my engine mounts down securely (over 1" of free play in front mounts). It is a wonder the engines just didn't fly out by themselves!! I have now replaced both couplers and there is no problem. However, I still need another coupler for my Sonic (and bellhousing!). :rolleyes: With boat's, life is never simple it seems!!:D