If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    Wow, sorry man, major bummer. Im sitting on pins and needles too, have pissed off a few too many people lately by just doing my job right. Damn the politicians.

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
    Originally posted by formula31
    Wow, sorry man, major bummer. Im sitting on pins and needles too, have pissed off a few too many people lately by just doing my job right. Damn the politicians.
    Let me give you a peice of personal advice

if you think you are on pins nad needles

DO NOT make a mistake to your job duties

all it takes is one little thing

what they did to me was get on the one thing that i presented a writeup to the employee BEFORE getting HR's approval!!!!

They had to say if it was OK for someone to refuse thier job duties
    they think it is OK
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Ft. Wayne, IN

I've been through the "pay-cut or doorway" scenario before. I will admit it was somewhat demoralizing at first, but taking the pay cut did give me cash flow and insurance for my family while I aggressively sought other opportunities. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK.

OSO is no exception. We all know people in various business segments, many in executive levels of management who make hiring decisions everyday. And even if those individuals don't have any current opportunities, perhaps they know someone who does. Look back through your own network and call these people. The stigma associated with such a scenario is long gone. In fact, last night I sat with a great friend who lost his position two months ago. He informed me that last week his brother-in-law lost his job as well.

In the meantime, sure, assess your financial position, but before you liquidate assets like your boat, you may want to review your situation with your lender. You could be surprised at how accomodating they are to your situation. I know I was.

I'd be willing to help, but first need to have an understanding of your profession.

As hard as it may seem. Stay positive.

My Boats:
    1999 World Cat 266sc, 2005 Shearwater 20
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Hey Hugh, pack your bags load the boat and move to South Florida! We are always looking for good agents(if you like sales). No state income tax and lots of waterways(trying to get rid of manatee zones). Just a thought!

Best of Luck.

Gold Member Gold Member Turbojack's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
    Houston, TX, USA
    When I was fired I got back up & started my own companies. Best thing that ever happened to me. When someone knocks you down just get back up. Just think maybe someday the person that did this to you will be working or will be wanting to go to work for you.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1

The P.O.S. numnuts in the HR department must sleep well through this holiday season.

And to think I sweat bullets and pay out of my hip pocket to try to keep a steady income to my employees in hard times... Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.
    I see London, I see France...

I cant see how people go postal ???

Hugh, keep your chin up. As quickly as **** gets bad, it can turn around and end up better. 6-12 months we are moving south ie. Carolinas, Georgia, Florida. We are buying a horse farm and starting over. I have no idea what i am going to do for employment.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    MN I am SO sorry to hear about this crap. My girl just quit her job due to similiar situation. I hope that you are able to find something that will work for you soon. I would hate to see you have to sell your boat You never know this could be the best thing to happen to you as maybe you will find a better job. Keep your options open and keep your chin up. If there is anything I can do to help ya out please let me know. I could even toss in a good reference for ya

Put your best foot forward!

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga
    Hugh - sorry to hear your news. But glad you at least have some cash-flowage.
    I'll be hoping things get better for you buddy! Hang in there - and if there is anything I can do (short of actually having anything to do with money, lodging, relationship problems, advice, or employment) let me know!
    I'm kidding of course....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast