Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Add me to the Statistics of Job loss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38604-add-me-statistics-job-loss.html)

Gearhead99 12-10-2002 08:48 PM

Been there done that !!!!

Don't let it get you down. Everything happens for a reason. It's not always evident right away, but there is a positive reason for it. You have to stay positive and get this small set back behind you.

I went into my own business after working with the paycut for a while. Now, well the past 7 years, I'm rolling again. But, now I'm the owner.

It's a good feeling too.

Remember, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

packinair 12-10-2002 08:55 PM

HEY HEY>> welcome to the club.... Keep your head up!!! I am doing whatever I can to not get rid of my boat.. things always seem to have a way of working themselves out

nebulous 12-10-2002 09:18 PM

Boy everytime you feel sorry for yourself............ At least I'm still open., & optimistic.
Hopefully you don't have small children, It always hurts worse in the holidays when you have young kids.
Good luck. My prayers are with you.

NW_Jim 12-10-2002 09:31 PM

Hugh,
I can relate. All I did to lose mine was to get clean and sober. Which meant they found out I wasn't before then. It's the government, they had to do something. Go figure. All I got offered was the door out and a goodby wave to my retirement.

Good luck, Things will get better.

Audiofn 12-10-2002 09:47 PM

DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!!!!!! :D:D

Jon

283CHECK 12-10-2002 09:59 PM

Dude if there is anything Cyndi and I can/could do to help out let us know..... If you need to move closer to loto and need a place to stay give us a yell we'll make up an extra room..

Chris & Cyndi
283Check & Miss283Check

Tinkerer 12-10-2002 10:00 PM

last week monday I thought that I was going to lose my job because I put my foot down very heavy on sunday morning.
I think they finally realized that they needed me more than I needed them. We came to a compromize. I even chewed out my manager and told him how he should have handled the situation next time. The worst thing that they can do is fire me and I can have a new job in a few hours. The only problem is that I will have to take a cut in pay because of the economy. GOOD LUCK

NW_Jim 12-10-2002 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jon,
You got it all wrong, the Germans bombed Hawaii, not Pearl Harbor. didn't they....:rolleyes: :D

Maybe that was the Irish.....

PhantomChaos 12-10-2002 11:42 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!!!!!! :D:D

Jon

Get better drugs Jon!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

1Boatnut 12-11-2002 06:31 AM

Sorry to hear of your situation.You did the right thing taking the pay cut. I have been un-employed since April......Sucks.
Keep a positive attitude,it will all work out.:)