Notices

Growing the sport

Old 12-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Growing the sport

Did anyone else happen to catch the story on CNBC this morning about Rodeos? The report said that redeos are now second to NASCAR and that they followed the NASCAR model. They also said that sponsors are lining up to be part of it. Why? The report said that Redeos represent "clean cut and traditional American values." Might be time boat racers take the pictures of naked women off their tow rigs and make this a "professional" sport. Then maybe the sponsors will follow.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:00 PM
Registered

Don't most NASCAR fans have pictures of naked women on their mudflaps?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I disagree with that.Most people know the sport is on the edge and has many loud players in it.I have heard more positive things about the teams with girls on there rigs and boats.Its a sport for cowboys with money and most dont care if they had a sponsor or not.They are there to have fun,me included.
Randy
Old 12-10-2002, 01:18 PM
bajathrottle

i agree to have fun but it sure would me nice to have a good sponcor.

Old 12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I don't think the cost of riding a horse can compare to the cost of riding 1000 of them.

Can you define the Nascar model that they followed? I wish I saw the TV show, we are looking for new fresh ideas.

I agree that our racers need to become more of a clean cut role model. Sort of like Randy and the rest of the dog pound.

One thing I'd like to see is a racer (who is being interviewed after a win) who has the ability to do more than give his crew credit for the win. "Yeah it was nasty out there but she held together to the end and here we are in the winners circle." Has anyone ever seen John force get interviewed? Now that's an interview, hell I pray he wins just so I can hear him talk.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

t
Old 12-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Registered

Actually I think most would be BLOWN away how much $$$ are in horses..I know I was!

Mr. V may be right...on the other hand maybe the WWF way would be a good direction too ...ya never know....but I think we have seen the other side.

I think the point Mr. V was focused on was the professionalism aspect of that comment....not the pin up.

We can't race without sponsors!...It's just that simple for us....

We need ALL races to be like this years worlds at KW.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:37 PM
MIdnightRider

Mr. V is definately right to a certain extent. The professionalism that the Nascar teams display is something to behold, Minus that Jerk Tony Stewart( what a head case). Business's today are definately focusing on presenting themselves with integrity. You can still be wild and have integrity, I'm here as proof. But it is hard to get the general public to see it that way. I was told recently by one of my employers that he has heard around that I can be a little wild when out on the water. So, work is work, fun is fun. But NO, people see you no matter where you are at, whom ever you are with, who ever has your company name on them as a product, and representaive of that company no matter what. I do not agree with it, but it is not for me to decide. I do not have my avitar anymore, and will not be posting pics anymore. My job, and its supposed integrity in the community, and my financial wellness is more important than fun thats on the edge of crazy. It sucks, but it became very real in my evaluation meeting. Who knows who visits this site, (there are spys about). Business' are going to support sponsorships that represent them in the best possible light, with the values they hold in there Mission Statements, and unfortunately for all of us, Naked women on engine hatches or haulers isn't professional. Midnight

Old 12-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

No offence but Typhoon is exactly why the sport will not grow and only those with a lot of money will do it until they get tired of the political BS. And it's not a sport, it's a hobby. It's not fun, it's a business that you enjoy. Until it's treated as a business the only people that will benefit from it are the sanctioning bodies. To them it is a business and they will keep taking your money to have you go in circles for fun.

Ron P, they really didn't go into details on the model. They just said that Rodeos have grown ala the nascar model. It was a small blurb on Squawk this morning. Some horses cost more than most of the boats racing. The cost my 6 year old's pony with training (pony and rider) and stabling fees could easily keep a top F2 team running each year. Also the top riders are making millions, yes millions. They also signed a huge contract with CBS to carry the events. Where is boat racing????

Let the fans have the naked girls and flaps, the sponsors aren't paying them to represent the company. I've dealt with corporate sponsors and you do represent them and they expect nothing but professionalism. There is money out there, but most large corporations aren't going to touch this bad boy crowd.

Midnight gets it, unfortunately the hard way.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:14 PM
ShipWrecked

Some horses cost more than most of the boats racing. The cost my 6 year old's pony with training (pony and rider) and stabling fees could easily keep a top F2 team running each year.
And guess what? A rodeo isn't cancled because of rain...OFFSHORE, they stop a race for lil' 4' waves? Some sports are real! Others will keep on tryin! RODEO guys are worried about there equipment, so they are moving forward!

Quick Reply: Growing the sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.