Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default No transom straps needed:

http://www.break.com/trutv-crazy-stu...y-jet-go1.html

Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They hung on for quite a while longer than I figured they would. Glad the theif/theives were caught. IDIOTS!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

What Jackazzes!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't outrun a radio.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was from our local police in Keego Harbor Mich. .. Saw 'em blow by the Watering hole I was at that day with a ton of cops in chase. there was a blazer in between the pickup and cops doing some blocking until he crashed in a wetlands.... Pretty wild. Bill in Cass Lake Mi. See below

Wild Police Chase

Action News
January 10, 2007

A Waterford man is in jail after leading police on a wild chase from Keego Harbor, through West Bloomfield, Pontiac and Troy, before ending in Warren.

According to Keego Harbor police, the chase began at 1:45 p.m. and initially involved suspects in two trucks who were involved in an operation to steal and resell personal watercrafts.

Police say one of the trucks crashed at the beginning of the pursuit with the suspect fleeing on foot. But the other truck, this one towing a personal watercraft on a trailer, continued into West Bloomfield, Pontiac, Troy and eventually southbound on I-75 where it lost its trailer.

Troy police pursued the pickup into Warren, finally stopping the vehicle at approximately 2:30 p.m. the corner of Kenney and Westbrook (near the intersection of Dequindre and 10 Mile) and arresting two men inside. The driver is facing a number of felony charges.

A Troy police cruiser was damaged in the chase.

Original story - 2:27pm Wednesday

Watch the Video

Chase takes cops, suspect from Keego Harbor to Warren

Joe Menard / The Detroit News

A man who tried to sell undercover sheriff's deputies two stolen personal watercraft was arrested Wednesday after leading police on a half-hour chase from Keego Harbor to Warren.

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office and the Keego Harbor Police Department were conducting an undercover sting operation to catch two men who were selling the stolen watercraft, police said. When police tried to arrest the men, they fled in a pair of sport utility vehicles.

The chase took police through Keego Harbor, Pontiac and Auburn Hills and onto Interstate 75, where the trailer carrying the two boats flipped over. The driver continued to drive south on I-75, dragging the trailer behind him, and rammed a squad car of a Troy officer who tried to stop him. The officer suffered minor injuries.

The man was stopped at Dequindre and 10 Mile around 2:30 p.m.

His accomplice crashed his vehicle in Waterford and escaped on foot. He was still at large Wednesday evening.

Police are withholding the name of both men until an arraignment today is held for the one man in custody.

After chase, 2 jailed in Oakland Co.
Pickup pursued from Waterford
January 11, 2007

BY NAOMI R. PATTON

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Two men are in the Oakland County Jail after leading deputies and officers from several police agencies on a chase through Oakland County, ending in Warren on Wednesday.

Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said the chase began in Keego Harbor about 1:30 p.m. when deputies from the Sheriff's Office's auto theft unit tried to intercept the delivery of two Jet Skis they believed had been stolen.

Deputies discovered one of the suspects in a blue pickup and two men in a red pickup coming out of the parking lot of the 300 Bowl bowling alley in Waterford.
Bouchard said two deputies followed the red pickup carrying the Jet Skis on a trailer to a business in Keego Harbor. When deputies approached the driver, a 43-year-old Waterford man, he reportedly tried to run them over. The chase ensued.

The passenger in the red pickup jumped out of the truck and ran into a subdivision, Bouchard said. He was later found and arrested.

Deputies and police from Waterford, Keego Harbor, Pontiac, Auburn Hills, Troy, Royal Oak and Michigan State Police participated in the chase. At one point the driver rammed a Keego Harbor squad car, losing a Jet Ski, before ramming a Troy squad car, losing the other. The trailer flipped as the man drove, dragging behind the red pickup.

Royal Oak police blew out the truck's tires with stop sticks, Bouchard said. The chase ended in Warren when several squad cars boxed in the pickup. A Troy police officer sustained minor injuries during the chase.

Deputies later found the blue pickup -- wrecked and abandoned -- in a swamp in West Bloomfield, Bouchard said. The driver had apparently hit at least three parked cars. Bouchard said they are looking for the driver, a 39-year-old man from Holly.

Chase Resembles Demolition Derby

By John Michalak

Daily Tribune Staff Writer

PUBLISHED: January 11, 2007

Stolen vehicle rams cop cars during two-county pursuit

TROY -- A wild 30-mile chase Wednesday that involved 10 patrol cars from six departments started in Keego Harbor, cut through south Oakland County on I-75, and ended in Warren with the arrest of a Waterford man.

Between the time it started around 2 p.m. and ended at 2:35, the chase turned into a demolition derby. The fleeing Ford Ranger rammed two patrol cars from Waterford and Troy. Two stolen Jet Skis flew off a trailer pulled by the Ford Ranger. The trailer, which was also stolen, came loose about the same time Royal Oak police threw "stop sticks" that deflated the rear two tires on the Ford Ranger on I-75 near 11 Mile Road.

But that didn't stop the fleeing vehicle, which continued traveling along eastbound I-696, eastbound 10 Mile in Hazel Park and into Warren east of Dequindre, where the 43-year-old driver was taken into custody.

Troy Lt. Gerry Scherlinck said an unidentified Troy officer was taken to William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak.

The suspect rammed the officer's patrol car near Wattles in Troy, forcing it off the freeway into a guard rail, said Scherlinck, adding the officer's injuries appeared to be minor. The suspect also attempted to ram police just before he was caught, Scherlinck added.

The ramming in Troy caused the last of two Jet Skis to fly off the trailer onto the freeway, Scherlinck said. He wasn't sure where the first Jet Ski came off.

Oakland County Sheriff Sgt. Sean Stoner said the chase started in Keego Harbor while officers in the county's Auto Theft Division conducted a "sting." Police started pursuing two vehicles including the Ford Ranger and General Motors SUV through multiple communities, Stoner said.

Besides the arrest in Warren, Stoner said Bloomfield Township police caught a second person when he bailed out of a vehicle.

The SUV crashed in a swampy area in Waterford; the driver fled on foot and remained at large Wednesday night.

The pursuit, Stoner said, went across Orchard Lake Road from Keego Harbor into Pontiac along Huron, Perry, Walton to southbound Opdyke, the Square Lake Road interchange and southbound I-75.

"The suspects made abrupt maneuvers trying to ram the patrol cars," Stoner said. No other injuries or vehicular damage were reported, he added.

Scherlinck said pursuing police called for additional assistance as the fleeing vehicle was about to enter Troy.

The Waterford man could face multiple charges including at least two felonious assaults of police officers, and fleeing and eluding police, Scherlinck said.

Troy police were expected to turn the suspect over to the Oakland County Sheriff's Department which will handle the case, Scherlinck said.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

That is awesome... I just love to watch that show...
Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Registered

That should be on that stupid thief show.
I do feel bad for the owner of those ski's seeing your toys getting trashed.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

YES!!!

2 less ****ing lake lice!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by midwest272
That should be on that stupid thief show.
I do feel bad for the owner of those ski's seeing your toys getting trashed.

I am sure before they came to a complete rest on the road he was online looking at NEW ones...