Notices

Maryland Boyz?????

Old 12-11-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jersey boys could you put a link up to your post about races. I might be able to come to the meeting but need the info. Thanks guys.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, join the mailing list at www.njoffshore.com. You'll get up to the minute info via email.... from me.

We will have 4 ocean races in NJ this summer. The date and locations will be announced at the meeting. I'll follow up with an email to the njoffshore list once the dates have been announced.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Cignificant....

that type of race is great for the racers, but it is not really spectator friendly. I think what we are trying to do here is bring in the spectators, put on a show and attract local sponsorship to the events. If the spectators cant see the race from land, they wont come. If they dont come, they dont spend money. If they dont spend money, the sponsors dont come. If the sponsors dont come, theres no $$$ to put on the show. See where Im goin with this???

But keep the ideas coming, they are all welcome.

regards
Good points. That may be why they don't have the races anymore.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Thanks Ron P
Old 12-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

I would love to see it Ted. May even want to try P class if I can keep my equipment in one piece long enough. I'd like to get involved too on weekends if needed.

BT
Old 12-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I love to come down
Old 12-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks to all who have replied so far. I am exploring this because of the Jersey group and would coordinate directly with youse guys Many of our club members used to go up for at least 1 or 2 Jersey races and it was great! The CBPBA has taken a hiatus for a few years but many of our members still have an interest and hearts in racing. As far as I know there is no desire to be a "big time" national player, but the idea of a Club Class type race was how we started and how we had the most fun. If I can I will do the J Boyz meeting, but if not, hopefully I can hook up with the poobah(s) and see if we can help all of us play in the waves

Keep the info coming-I have some people that will need to see this
Old 12-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Ted, we would welcome a discussion with you at any time. Please PM or email me your phone number and I'll make it happen

Thank one man, and that's Smitty (Wazzup) for getting this ball rolling. We haven't seen a racer this enthusiastic in a long time. His head and heart are in the right place and he just wants to race. Screw the politics! If it costs a few extra bucks to race with both groups throughout the year, so be it. Great attitude and its obviously been very contagious to many others. Go Eddie.

Right now, the OPA schedule includes 4 NJ Ocean races, the Reggie race and NYC. One more in the MD/VA area would make for a full season of local races. How far is Ocean City MD for you guys? Its a fantasic venue and we think we have a ripe sponsor.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Smittymarine

Thanks Ron, I would never had believed that we could get these results. My phone is non stop, Emails a mile long. In the past 2 weeks, I have probably spoken to a least 50 different teams, past and present. A lot of our success is because of the Offshore only Board and it's members spreading the word. What a season we are going to have. Thank you to all. Team Wazzup

Old 12-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

The main problem with Ocean City is the distance from the bay. The bay is like our back yard and we would take a lot of pride in racing there. Do you agree with that Ted? I have been to a few OC races before and it is a good venue with a lot of local support but OC is very crowded at that time of year. Parking and hotels may be a problem. One year that had a parade down the board walk with all the boats much like Sarasota on the 4th of July. I think this race was called the "Art Lilly Invitational" but I am not sure on that. We watched those races from a boat and it was really good racing. I remember the races that were held at Sandy Point State Park and I think that is another good place. We have a lot of options to look at with places to race. I am behind this idea 100% because I would love to race boats but it is very pricey with traveling and all other expenses.

How many races would fit into in a season with out being to much?

Quick Reply: Maryland Boyz?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.