Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maryland Boyz????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38687-maryland-boyz.html)

Ted G 12-11-2002 11:12 PM

Real ocean racing is cool from a spectator standpoint if they bring it in close to the beach. But it is tough on the boats and the patrol fleet. We had very successful and safe races on the Bay and they were very well attended regardless of where we were. The Bay is chock full of performance boats-as evidenced by the 6-8 poker runs scheduled for next summer :rolleyes: And I think that many of them would at least come to watch a race. Both venues have their pros and cons and where it ends up may depend on a facility that can handle the boats and wants to play. If it works out, it will be a blast and good for the sport, if it doesn't (wouldn't be the first time), then we can still trailer up for the Jersey races:D I think the Jersey Boyz are on the right track and if the train has room, let's ride along:cool:

Ron P 12-11-2002 11:16 PM

Hi Mike, any shot at sponsorship in the bay area? We have a pretty good lead on a sponsor for Ocean City.

You never have to run the entire series, just the ones you want and can afford to run in. The only thing you give up is the series points chase. Hell, Smitty ran 14 races last year. I don't know how he did it and still ran the marina business.

I know the Jersey boyz at heading to Key West next Novemeber so you need to save some money for that year end party.

mercury 12-12-2002 06:25 AM

Insptech/Ted I have at least 4 maybe 5 friends including myself that would love to race at the club level, without all the politics!
Maybe Sandy point or Solomons like old school. I've watched old cbpa race vidios and it looked like a blast!

Ron P 12-12-2002 09:09 AM

Hey Mercury, please try to attend the Jersey Boyz meeting or at least join the mailing list at www.njoffshore.com so you get all the info as it happens.

That's what the Jerse Boyz are about. No boundaries, no limits, no politics. Run for fun and adventure.

It would be great if we can work together to bring a race to your area, ocean or Bay? Doesn't really matter as long as we can find a sponsor who is willing to help.

Stay tuned!

Ted G 12-12-2002 06:28 PM

ttt

scottc 12-13-2002 04:06 PM

Would love to see a race in our own backyard and would be glade to be one of the boyz!

Mate 229 12-13-2002 08:03 PM

I think you would have a great turn out from VA, MD, DE and NJ. Solomons sounds like a great place.

Smittymarine 12-14-2002 10:17 AM

Maryland Boyz, better get movin, Jersey boyz are comin, with some serious weapons...................LETS ROCK THIS JOINT

Larry D 12-15-2002 04:38 PM

we raced in 5 of chesapeak races and ocean city 2 all had great turn out . we have been running apba in P-1 and would love to come back to the bay we miss all the great people in the cbpba just let us know when and where we'll be there

Ron P 12-15-2002 04:55 PM

Hey Larry D, what P1 boat do you have?

Any chance you could make it to the JerseyBoyz meeting next saturday in Brick NJ