If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Oh ya and I would make sure that Don A. Put a clause in the purchase agreement that anyone that buys a Cig. that does not take it out on a PERFECTLY sunny day has to give their boat to AUDIO for a beat sesion for the day
    Put your best foot forward!

My Boats:
    one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.
    Traverse City, Michigan
    I was in the military in 1962 and was considering an assignment to a little sleepy destination called Saigon. Fortunatly I was sent to Omaha, Neb..

I thot this was an Offshore boating board.

I would buy me a nice V hull , cut a couple steps in it, have a couple BBC punched out to about 540 cubes , add a couple 671 blowers have a couple surface drives custom made and go racing

My Boats:
    It's how well you go fast
    buy drugs with half of it and spend the other half on climbing gear.....get a bull**** job for min wage in alaska....and NOT come back this time!!!

My Boats:
    Cotosphere- California
    Poodle are you bored? Design the new logo and quit foolin' around!

I was born in '62 - not in the old farts club.

Thousand bucks in 62?

I buy a ****ty old hunting club behind Mission Viejo named Coto De Caza for a grand.

Lake St.Clair MI
    If I went back to 62 at the age I am now, That means I would be a really old dude today and I wouldn't want that.

Uncle Toys
    In 1962, considering I was too young to place bets in Vegas or purchase SoCal property, I would start dating (with the intent of marrying) the daughter of the Japanese farmer who lived at the corner of Bristle and the 405.

If, as your fantasy goes, I was my current age, I would seek the investment with the maximum leverage available SoCal real estate. Take the thousand bucks and buy two houses in Newport Beach. Could probably leverage them 20 to 1, rent them out to cover expenses (which you still could do back then) and constantly refinance to take out equity (no capital gains tax) and buy more houses. Then sell them all and retire in 1972.
    Last edited by Uncle Toys; 12-12-2002 at 03:11 PM.

My Boats:
    Hot rods, Hot boats, Beer & more Beer
    Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
    Hey Allan4,

Hate to burst your bubble, but you would have to wait about four years for that 427 Vette to become available. Until then you would just have to be satisfied with a 327 fuelie! Oh well... you could still get a fine 409 in an impala...

Baja....kick my ass in 62???? That ends this thread...think I will stay in 02!!!!!! I still like the hometown teams...come on...we are on a win steak with the Birds!!!!!

Audio...You have had your share of banners!!!!!! I don't even look at the standings this year!!!!!!

Turbo....The best you could come up with is Coto....what a sucker you are????? I thought you would at least go into partners with Scott Porter and the family and move that fresh water plant to some place where they have water!!!! Not some demo tank to see if the boats can just float!!!!! Poodle!!!!

DMan ....and the D is for....I want to hear what the DarkSide would do 40 years ago!!!!

My Boats:
    Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
    Bell Canyon, CA
    This is the worst thread ever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast