Notices

Teaching by Example

Old 12-12-2002, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Teaching by Example

Well Im gonna propably catch a little over this one but....I have alot of friends north of the Mason Dixon line and before you start I'm sorry but couldnt resist

Teaching by example is not a lost art in Texas. A Texas Ranger pulled over a red Porsche (inhabited by a Yankee) after
it had run a stop sign. He walked up to the car door and said, "Sir, May I see your driver's license and registration please?" The Yankee said,
"What's the problem, officer?"
"You just ran the stop sign back there at the last intersection."
"Oh, come on pal, there wasn't a car within miles of me!"
"Nevertheless sir, you are required to come to a complete stop, look both ways, and proceed with caution."
"You gotta be kidding me!"
"It's no joke, sir".
"Look, I slowed down almost to a complete stop, saw no one within twenty miles, and proceeded with caution."
"That's beside the point, sir. You are supposed to come to a complete stop, and you didn't. Now if I may see your license and..."
"You've got a lot of time on your hands, PAL! What's the matter, all the doughnut shops closed?"
"Sir, I'll overlook that last comment. Let me see your license and
registration immediately!"
"I will, if you can tell me the difference between slowing down, and coming to a complete stop."
The elderly Ranger had enough and said to the driver, "Sir, I can do better than that." He opened the car door, dragged the obnoxious motorist out, and proceeded to methodically beat him over the head with his nightstick.
"Now sir, would you like me to slow down or come to a complete stop?"

Old 12-12-2002, 08:42 AM
RickA

Good one !!