Notices

I'm a very, very dumb boy

Old 12-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a very, very dumb boy

Well, I was cutting some trees down on my property. There was one that was leaning over my neighbors shed. It wasn't a terribly large tree, maybe a foot in diameter. I decided that the best way to attack this tree was to use a chain attached to the Blazer to pull it over to my property. I notched the tree and made a partial backcut while the mrs. held tension on the chain to keep it from falling. The tree was now standing up right, but when we released the tension it still wanted to fall twords the neighbors shed. Not good. Not good at all. Oh, well, no going back now. After studying the situation, I determined that the tree is taller than my chain is long. Boy, this is getting worse by the minute. After further consideration I tell the Mrs to gently tug on the chain until I say "stop", I'll then pull the chain off the ball and have her drive out of the way. Well, that was the plan. Can you tell where this is going?

So she gently pulls on the chain. With a big CRACK the tree starts tipping. I yell STOP and yank the chain off. This sucker is coming down fast! I scream GO and run out of the way. I turn to see the truck isn't moving nearly fast enough to clear the tree! The top of the tree over reaches the truck by a good 10'. The truck now at full throttle keeps on going and tears clear of the tree by the time it hits the ground. Amazingly, other than some rub marks there is absolutly no damage to the truck. Sure wish I could say the same for the rear hatch. I had left it open so that she could hear me call out to her. When the tree came down, the hatch was absolutly destroyed. Not only was the glass shattered, but the frame is absolutly mangled. The arms are still in the raised position, but the hatch is bent like a taco so it's half closed. Doh!

Last edited by Cord; 12-14-2002 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:31 PM
packinair

DOH!! PICTURES!!! WE WANT PICTURES...lOL

Old 12-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

Yes we need pictures. they make it easier to point and laugh.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude that SUCKS!!!! I hope you have glass insurance and it covers the back glass in your state!!!!!!

I want pictures as well

Jon
Old 12-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that is not good. How come you didn't use a longer line to get the truck further away?
Old 12-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw the neighbor do that same thing. He was cutting the tree down and I looked at what he was doing and noticed that the rope was shorter than the tree was tall but before I could say anything down it came. Scratched the crap out of the truck.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was using a 30' length of chain and that was all that I had. Sure could of used that 100' anchor line! This is one of those things that sounded really good before hand.

Audio-I'm proably going to eat this one. No point in putting a claim in because of my stupidity.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:46 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cord not when you see how much the rear glass on those things are!!!! You have a Blazer correct? My bro bloke his back glass and the best price he got was STUPID huge money.

Jon
Old 12-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cord, glass coverage doesn't care how it happened. You could throw a rock through your window and it would pay.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:29 PM
kelcom

Didn't I see that on FOX-- When tree's ATTACK!

Quick Reply: I'm a very, very dumb boy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.