If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Senior Charter Member #1070 Charter Member Tbonepmp's Avatar
    STL / LOTO
    (What you see, is what you get!)
    "Live every day to it's fullest for you give a day of your life to it."

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    I've coaxed bunches of trees down with a truck. I always used a 100' 1/2" rope with vise grips clamped on the end. Swing the vise grips around in a circle and let it fly (like the David & Goliath method). Try to throw it thru the tree up fairly high. Then clip a U-shackle on the end and the line and pull it to let it slip its way up the line to tighten up around a bunch of branches.

Tie it off on the hitch and load the tree with the truck whiule somebody cuts it. When the tree starts to go, Pull with the truck all the way to the ground.

Never had any problems.
    I see London, I see France...

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I want to laugh, but I can't. Been there, almost done that.

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    <chanting> pics pics...we want pics..

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Originally posted by Baja Daze
    I want to laugh, but I can't. Been there, almost done that.
    I can laugh!! I've never done that!!!! Cord you are stupid!!!!!!! Your punishment is to have your wife send me cookies. Then I will go back to thinking you are smarter than you have displayed here.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Haven't you learned that you ALWAYS setup a video camera when performing stupid human tricks? Just think, instead of having to put out cash for the glass, you just might have won the grand prize on "America's Funniest Home Videos"!

Originally posted by Griff
    I can't believe that you just told 7319 OSO members that you did this.
    HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA, I love hearing about this stuff, suremakes me feel better!!!! About 4 years ago while in the landscape business, I jumped in my dumptruck with a 20ft trailer attatched to the back, and promptly put it into REVERSE instead of FIRST gear, let out the clutch and backed straight into one of the garage doors on my shop, completly destroying to door and knckoingit off the building. I backed up all of two feet, just had a MAJOR brain fart and went back instead of forward!! By the way, those freakin doors are heavy!!

To make matters worse, I was heading out of town in about 2 hours, so in order to "lock" up the shop, I decided to back the dump halfway into the now open door and raise the bed. As I did this, I knocked the gutter off the roof........what a dufus......

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    Mike-unless you become very, very kind to me you won't be getting this package that the Mrs wants me to send out.

The thing that hurt the most was the OSO sticker. I had it on the back window. When we were sucking the glass out of the lawn, I found the sticker still adheared to a chunck of glass. Damn, that thing cost me $30.

Brad Perry
    I think for the laughs you have given us, you should get a new one for free!

My anchor line has lots of bark bits in it....150'

'Sounds like something JD8 would do! (you did read the redneck neighbor thread a few days ago, didn't you? If not, do so--it's an absolute riot)

I can't laugh too hard---it would be hypocritical, as I do things like that it seems on a weekly basis. Wait a minute, everyone else laughs their *sses off at me, so.........Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho ho!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast