Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating in SoCal this past Saturday 12/14 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/38975-boating-socal-past-saturday-12-14-a.html)

cigarette1 12-15-2002 11:45 AM

Boating in SoCal this past Saturday 12/14

What happened to the SoCal contingency ???

I guess all the poodles were in the Dogg House :D

It wasn't as nice as normal here in SoCal today but we did manage to get out on the water. We were expecting rain in the evening and probably next weekend so this was like a last chance until the New Year

Well ... thanks to Dman, the wifey and my self were invited to make a run up to Long Beach in RWD. The water was again, like Lake Pacific with a rolling swell.

It almost turned into a day from hell. When we arrived in Long Beach, coming off plane, one motor died and would not start. We diagnosed that there was spark at the plug and fuel in the carb. When I hit the fuel primer switch, fuel fountained out the carb vent tube,WTF. We called over to Archer Marine and confirmed a carb problem. Well, I had to break out my Sophmore High School Auto Mechanics Hat and dig in. Let's just say, Dman didn't have very much confidence in my carb work (with good reason, I guess). We won't go there ... ha ha. I pulled the float needle jet and there was a fairly large piece of metal shaving stuck in it. After cleaning it, we let it sit while we ate lunch. After lunch we still had fuel overflowing, so I had to remove a float bowl, clean and check it, then made a float level adjustment and ..... FIRE IN THE HOLE.

I could have been a 3+ hour idle back to Newport

Thanks Dman

and the "D" is for Damn I'm good

HyperBaja 12-15-2002 12:05 PM

I think we will hit the lake here in Ohio wed-friday this week, suposed to be 55!!

Steamin Rice 12-15-2002 05:01 PM

Sounds like fun....

I got to spend the day in driving school yesterday...

Intolerant1 12-16-2002 12:28 PM

Do you have chrome fuel lines? I had the Holley chrome lines and found that in their infinite wisdom, they chromed the inside of the line as well. Its starts peeling and will do exactly what you described. Lots of others here have had the same happen.

cigarette1 12-16-2002 12:34 PM

No, they aren't chromed. The piece looked like it could have come from cutting the tube. It was cresent shaped and must have been hanging around for some time before it finally got caught up in the jet. The piece was definately too large to have passed through the filter.

G

tbone 12-16-2002 12:55 PM

Gary,

That water was awesome! Glad to see you guys got it going.

cigarette1 12-16-2002 12:58 PM

Tbone ... you must be the guy with the Sleekcraft. You were the only other sport boat out Saturday. You should run with us sometime. As far as the water being nice ??? ... well Dman thought so, but I prefer the rough stuff :D

tbone 12-16-2002 01:57 PM

Gary,

I just signed up for the dry stack in Lido. Will deffinetly be out there more. Man they make it eaisy for you there! I'd love to run in the wake of you big guys :) Did you sell your boat?

-Travis

cigarette1 12-16-2002 02:09 PM

Hey Travis,

Yeah, the dry stack is sweet ... I was in there for about 18 months.

I haven't sold my boat yet ... resolving a little issue with motors :rolleyes: I should have it back together in a couple of weeks and then I plan to blow it out cheap (relatively speaking).

There are boats of all sizes that run with us ... you wouldn't feel out of place. So ... I guess we'll be seeing more of you inthe future ... right ??.

G

tbone 12-16-2002 02:25 PM

G-man,

I'm in! I hope the rain lets up. I plan to also cruise around the boat parade this week.