Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 Farthest Travellers INVITE for Mid-Atlantic OSO Gathering in VA, February, 2003. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39020-3-farthest-travellers-invite-mid-atlantic-oso-gathering-va-february-2003-a.html)

Cignificant 01-03-2003 02:04 PM

Jon/Kurt - I sure hope you all make it down. You have a standing invitation to stay at my house if you like. Make a long weekend of it...

This probably goes without saying, but if anyone has any questions about the Richmond area or if there's anything I can do to help out please feel free to get in touch with me. Some of you may be coming in for the weekend so I'd be happy to recommend bars, restaurants, or whatever.

Steve
[email protected]
804-564-5314

Sydwayz 01-12-2003 12:08 PM

bump

wwwTOPDJcom 01-12-2003 12:18 PM

Is everyone Bringing there women?
I wanna go !!! Im getting the you dont know these people bull****, well how the hell am I going too if I stay all couped up
all winter. Anyone have a plan to convince her?
She has meant a few members at the 1000 island run
but none are comming that we meant.
Its only a 400 mile drive too!

MnFastBoat 01-12-2003 02:16 PM

Top, come on down
Hell if I am driving 2500 miles round trip it must be safe :)
I will tell you that I have been online for over 7 years I have met more people from OSO then anyother web based board or chatroom. Even compared to Locally.
We all share the same thing, maybe in different forms of it, but it is all about Boating and meeting people.
When you go out in the boat have you ever met someone you knew nothing about?
That what this is, just on a larger scale to meet more people that enjoy the same things as each other. I am not the most social person, kinda tend to shy away from people until I 'know' them. But meeting people with a common interest is alot easier to 'know' something about them then starting off 'new'.
Come on down, I am sure there will be alot of women there taggin along for both social talk and boating talk.
Hope to see you there.

Sydwayz 01-12-2003 02:26 PM

A lot of folks are coming as couples. Those that are not; may become a couple by the end of the weekend. :D

Gizmo 01-12-2003 07:37 PM

Hey Top,
Bring your lady with you. Most of us include ours in all our boating gatherings. Some of our women are more into boating than others, but they seem to find some common ground to chat about when they get togethe. If she don't have fun, it will be her fault. This years event should be a great time. Last years was a lot of fun.

BryanTuvell 01-12-2003 08:25 PM

I am proud to add that due to a changes in my work schedules we are now coming.
Sounds like a great time, the HRPA is ready to have some fun!

Hey CIGNIFICANT, what time is Sunday brunch and your wifes awesome jello shooters?

Bryan & Nancy Tuvell

wwwTOPDJcom 01-13-2003 01:14 AM

so whats the deal is everyone driving down Friday?
Id have to come back sunday?

Cignificant 01-13-2003 08:54 AM

Mr Turvell, good to hear from you!!

At the hotel rates Brian has gotten I'm seriously thinking about staying at the hotel. Almost the same price as a cab, and MUCH cheaper than a DUI. ;)

We can definitely set up a happy hour Saturday afternoon - maybe in the hotel or a bar somewhere? I'll look into it and make arrangements if people are interested.

TOPDJ - bring the missus. There will be plenty of ladies present.

Shah Mat 01-13-2003 09:11 AM

Cignificant,
A happy hour at the hotel does sound interesting. We are thinking about a room also. Keep us informed.