Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who was driving the Silver Excursion through Brawley yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39037-who-driving-silver-excursion-through-brawley-yesterday.html)

DYTMAGIC 12-16-2002 03:04 PM

Who was driving the Silver Excursion through Brawley yesterday

As I was coming home from Glamis this weekend, I saw a nice silver Excursion with a big offshore only sticker on the back. Any other boaters into Glamis?

PhantomChaos 12-16-2002 03:09 PM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. :)

Tbonepmp 12-16-2002 03:13 PM

I KNOW IT WASN'T ME...:D :crazy:

liquid lounge 12-16-2002 03:44 PM

Glamis might just be better than boating...Midwest guy here that got to go twice this year...Am I luckey or what?!!!!!

DYTMAGIC 12-16-2002 03:53 PM

Liquid Lounge,

Dam, that's one hell of a trip from the midwest. I just recently got into the duning sport. I thought boating was expensive until I got into this hobby. I've probably spent 300K plus since Feb. of this year. Had to buy a nice moho for the wife, quads for the kids and a long travel buggy for myself. No complaints though, I am having a blast. It's just like Havasu without the water.:)

So whens your next trip out?

PhantomChaos 12-16-2002 03:58 PM

Re: Who was driving the Silver Excursion through Brawley yesterday

Originally posted by DYTMAGIC
As I was coming home from Glamis this weekend, I saw a nice silver Excursion with a big offshore only sticker on the back. Any other boaters into Glamis?

You know............I think that was Rick32. It fits his Excursion....lifted, silver and the sticker, plus he's just started going to Glamis.

cigarette1 12-16-2002 03:58 PM

That was probably the famous Rick32.

liquid lounge 12-16-2002 04:15 PM

DYT- Probably will return in March...actually the trip is very easy:Fly to San Diego, climb aboard a 35' motorhome, stop at Sam's club for a little food and alot of beer...and it's off to Glamis! This last time I went, I really enjoyed it because my riding skills improved somewhat from the first time....I used to get up on one of those high sharp ridges [razorback] and freeze!! I've since learned that speed is your friend in the sand...We just had such a great time, we only drank about 1/4 of what we do when we boat!:D . One thing for sure: words cannot descibe Glamis, you have to see it, it is magnanomous!

rick32 12-16-2002 05:53 PM

Yup.... that be me !

Glamis was great this weekend ! Nort , get you bike purchased !! I am going out again for New Years............

The weather was 75 Degrees and sunny both days... At night
we told Band Camp Strories, hit teh beer bong & sang Bon Jovi Songs ( with Conviction ! ) ... It was great......!!! Cant wait to get out there again ....

Who's going ??? ( www.glamisinfo.com )

Rick32 :cool: :cool: :cool:

DYTMAGIC 12-16-2002 06:13 PM

Rick32,

I was driving a Winnebago moho and towing a red, white and blue buggy named "Patriot". Saw you going thru Brawley and then you flew by me right before Indio. Great weekend although the dunes are pretty chewed up. It needs a good windstorm right about now. Where do you camp? We usually camp with a pretty big crew at pad 2.5 We need to hookup out there.