If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: REAL or FAKE tree?

89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

57 64.04%
  • Fake

28 31.46%
  • I celebrate Kwanza so who cares?

4 4.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    Hey CRUBOSS, you have real ones in FLA? We used to do the same thing until my dad got caught with a 20 footer. He paid a $20 fine (this was in 1970) and took the tree. We used to trim it in the house with a chainsaw I always get real ones. You have to do the hot coco and donut thing with the family and friends or it just doesn't seem like christmas. Hey Rambo, I can't hang with ya anymore dude, you are way to back woods for me. I bet you and Ted K will look alike in a few years. And no I will not help you build a wood shed in the back yard. It is time to move back to the city so you don't revert to living in a hole in the ground. What would Linda think of your beet red neck?

DID you ever see the tree in " a charlie brown christmas" ? if you have . now you know what kind of trees grow in florida.

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    I still use candles on my tree. Old german tradition. Also caused the Hindenberg disaster (regardless of what the media says) LOL

My Boats:
    Hot rods, Hot boats, Beer & more Beer
    Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

I was going to vote twice, but apparently the board has the "anti-Florida-poll-system" in effect!

We have a 10 foot fake one upstairs (looks like something from the mall - actually is a pretty nice one), and an real one in the basement family room decorated with all of the old family hand-me-down ornaments. Of course, I had to put the lights on both of them, along with the outside lights, but that's what I do to earn brownie-points for boating in the summer.

My Boats:
    Virginia Beach
    Originally posted by Cgarrett
    I did real until 4 years ago then I went fake.
    Same here. Last year we were late in motivating to get a tree.....we were busy taking delivery on the new boat. By the time we turned our attention to a tree, the selection was pitiful. My wife, not to be denied, happened upon a fake on at Rite Aid of all places. I was a bit upset until she told me that she only paid 15 bucks for it. I just had to laugh!!

Trouble is, after we got it up and decorated I was amazed. It looks like a perfect little (6') Xmas tree. I have to say, I am now a bit of a convert. It is perfect for 2 dinks with busy work schedules.

Next year she wants a real tree?!

My Boats:
    1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!
    Boynton Beach FLORIDA!!!!
    I think this is the last year for real for me and my wife
    Freakin dog knocked the real SOB over 2 days ago and I have been picking broken glass out of the carpet since.
    Nothing like wearing socks and stepping on that bastard freakin needle that decides to say im invincible and shove itself about 1/4 inch or so into the bottom of your foot little prick PUN INTENDED

I think im going on the hunt after xmas this year for one of those fiber optic trees that you dont have to put lights on, just plug the SOB in and it sort of has a color wheel in there.
    I had to anchor the damn live tree to a stud in the wall with a wonderful hole in the drywall (moved a big picture to do this) and have a 1 inch eye hook driven into about 2 inches of stud

I think that this is about it for the live BS
    it is a fun occasion to go and cut it down with the wife and spend the day drinking hot cider and walking around at the tree farm but ahhhh
    how about this as a substitute,
    make a fire, have some sex, and look at a phoney tree and put a big red bow on my ............

My Boats:
    Niagara River & Eastern Lake Erie
    Use real "Fraiser Fir". But it may be the last! The damn prices this year are way too high, and fewer places selling them. That drives the price up!

Price, free (brother in law's tree farm)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12