Powerboat Fountain 29' or 32' >

Powerboat Fountain 29' or 32'

Notices

Powerboat Fountain 29' or 32'

Old 12-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Powerboat Fountain 29' or 32'

The article is labeled Fountain 29 yet the tell the overall length of the boat is 32'. I am confused they also had a two page ad for a 32' for 118K.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that too. The cabin looks like a 29, not a 32'er. So, unless they changed the boat to add cockpit/engine space, I'd say it has to be 29'long.

Or did they make the beak 2' longer????? WOAH! Saber28 is going to need more plywood!

Sure seemed odd to me, looked like a 29'er.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SEE, all you Fountain bashers are full of CHIT! The beak and platform are NOT included in the advertised length!

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-10-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:55 PM
roadtrip

The 29 Fever profiled is the old 29 hull updated with the new deck. The give-away is the smaller step. Powerboat screwed up in the LOA department.

The 32 Fever in the ad is the original 32 de-powered which has never received the new deck. The step is also bigger on this hull.

Hate to be a Fountain dealer trying to explain the pricing in the article versus the ad.

Old 12-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

How do Fountain owners usually respond to this issue of their boats being about 3 feet shorter than the actuall LOA? Is it something hard for people to admit? I usually refer to my boat as a 32' Active Thunder when actually it's 31'8" in length with no swim platform or "beak" on the bow.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WEll, Kaama, we pass you on the lake, and then make you spend thousands of dollars on engines to beat us. LOL! I could not resist.

I tell people, it's 32', what a manufacturer does with it doesn't matter, get out a tape measure, it's 32' of fiberglas. I'd say your AT is a long 31'er, and my Fountain is a short 32'er. How's that?

The boat is not really 3 feet shorter. It's 32'. Your boat is just measured wrong
Old 12-10-2002, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 32fever
The boat is not really 3 feet shorter. It's 32'. Your boat is just measured wrong
Yeah okay!
Old 12-10-2002, 09:39 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally posted by KAAMA
How do Fountain owners usually respond to this issue of their boats being about 3 feet shorter than the actuall LOA?
Never had to. How do you guys respond when asked why your boats are slower?
Actually, the only place that seems to have a problem with it is here on OSO, for some reason.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 32fever
WEll, Kaama, we pass you on the lake, and then make you spend thousands of dollars on engines to beat us. LOL! I could not resist.
32'Fever, Yes! I will sheepishly admit that over two years ago you passed me on the lake my first time in the boat. I had Doctor Dave tune up the engines, but it was to no avail that day. I had it out for a test run with SICK engines---thought we had them fixed, but nope--- for some reason they wouldn't run over 4000rpm in those 468's and we only got about 60mph out of it that day. Dave was at the helm and we were trying to monitor all the vital signs with the gauges. We were only on plane for about 2 minutes out of the pier heads before we had to stop because of an overheated engine. So yes, I would expect a 29 footer to beat us---heck, I'd expect a fishing boat to beat us that day! Trust me, I didn't spend the money just because you passed me that day-----when I bought that A/T I already had BIG plans way in advance to do all the mods I done to it. The only thing I WASN'T expecting to do was replace the tansom/stringers/floor. And the times I have had the boat in the water since all the mods were done, never have I come looking for you for revenge. In fact, you came to challenge me last year and you quickly learned within the first 10 seconds what my boat was all about. But I have to admit Mark, you don't take yourself too seriously out there about being beaten---you're just having fun and that's how I see it as well. Some people are VERY SERIOUS about being beaten! I may be serious about my boat and its' equipment, but I'm not out to see how many boats I can challenge in a day on the water. I have yet to pull up to a boat and challenge another boater----what seems to usually happen is they will pull up along side of me for a match. I'm always getting challenged. Last year I was coming back to Holland from South Haven running the shoreline and just cruising along at about 3300rpm, I get within about 3 miles of the Holland piers when a 30-33' Powerquest going the opposite direction turns around. My cousin taps me on the shoulder because I didn't even see the guy turn around to come after us and pulls up along side of us with his stepped hull and twin engines. I just bumped the throttles up to about 4200rpm and walked away from him. I must admit it was kinda fun. Then coming back from Chicago I had just left the Navy Pier area heading east to go back across the lake to New Buffalo, we were already about 3 miles out when once again my cousin taps me on the shoulder and here comes a guy in his 37' AVH Outerlimits w/twin 800hp blower motors that had chased me all the way out there and whoops my arse!----nice fella. My point being it seems like everyone wants a piece of me when they see my boat. Although there are a few boats in the area I would like to take on in a match. I'd like to get a crack at "WarHawk" (Carl Warren's 41' Apache) with the big supercharged engines. Win or lose, I'd like to get a good idea of how fast he really is----same with "Billy The Kid" (Derek's 40' Fountain Executioner) with its big supercharge engines as well.

Anyway Mark, I know you've got something with some speed in the works. Now then, you're surely not going out or looking to go out and spend THOUSANDS just cuz of little ol' me are you? Can't be because of me---can it???

It's all in fun Mark. You've brought back a few fun memories for me

Mark/KAAMA
Old 12-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Just for the record, I posted all in fun. I could care less about the fastest, smoothest or length issues. (sounds kinda kinky)

Quick Reply: Powerboat Fountain 29' or 32'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.