If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Sunsation 288 MCOB
    Quincy, IL
    Hey h2o warrior you ever owned a caterpillar?

Charter Member#203 Charter Member Pete B's Avatar
    My Boats:
    98 Scarab 302 Sport
    Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
    boat nut you will not be disappointed

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    the 6 liter is in no way maxed out ! Beleive me ! Remember the Dodge ? Thats a small motor . It makes up to and over 450 hp ! Why can't the 6 liter ? Remember the Buick grand national and GNX? V-6 power ! Guys pump out 500 hp easy on the street and in race form over 1200 hp !!

The new 6 liter computer is sealed but not off limits . I have power modules for them . (NOT PROGRAMMERS) Actual power modules that plug into the main harness like the dodge and chevy ones do ,and stay there . Very easy to do yourself . I sell programmers if you want , but as I have said , I don't like them for many reasons .

Elimi, What kind of mileage is your 6 litre getting ?

Just sittin here waiting my my 6 liter ..........

New powerstroke is bad ass

I have just driven the new 6.0 Powerstroke and I was really impressed with it. The rear wheels actually broke loose at 40mph when I stomped on it!!!!!!!!!!! The best thing I noticed was the difference in the RPM's-- the new PSD is more driveable. You can actually tow 65-70mph with the overdrive off!! Can't do that in my '99 without running too high rpm's. If you do alot of towing, this is a huge improvement. My '99 F-350 PSD is chipped and doesn't have as much power as the new 6.0.
    Come on guys....don't you think Ford has tested this motor to some extent???--how do you think they have been so successful selling trucks that past 25 yrs?? It is a FACT that 75% of the "Super Duty" Ford's being sold are Powerstrokes!!!
    I love my PSD, but I am looking forward to getting a new one soon.

My Boats:
    1998 BAJA 33 OUTLAW 13ft Whaler with a 40
    ann arbor mi

I drove a new one this past weekend, damn nice still has a good rattle to it at idle, but going down the road it's quiet and real smooth.The new 5 speed shifts real nice.It's always nice to have new **** but the old 7.3 does a good job for now,especially since I caved in to peer pressure and did the old Superchip treatment,it runs like a ***** now!

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    boat nut....Pat told me you bought the GMC. Glad to see you bought the truck. For what you are going to be doing, I think that will work out best. Still looking to hook up with you while I'm in Vegas.

outlawinil....Does that stand for Outlaw in Illinois. I have never owned a Caterpillar, but I think they build the best diesel engines on the market. That is from experience with Cat its products and dealers.

Mitch...I seriously looked at a Chevy 6500 crew cab with a pickup bed and a 300hp 3126 and the Allison tranny. What an awesome looking truck. It was about $25,000 more than the F350 and it was huge. Just could not bring myself to pull that trigger.
    Last edited by h2owarrior; 12-18-2002 at 09:01 PM.

Completely Nationwide
    Let's see. Hmm. Caterpillar, Peoria IL, Big Factory Hmm I wonder!!?!!!

My Boats:
    162 scout flats 90 merc
    eden nc
    boot how munch does the chip boost a dodge and how munch does it run

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123