Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Notices

Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Old 12-18-2002, 07:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

As you all know my truck has been a freeking NIGHTMARE since the day I purchased it. The tranny has blown up on me almost weekly and I have had it in the shop no less then 9 times for the tranny. The breaks rotors warped out I had all 4 replaced and now about 5,000 miles later they are warped again, and the engine when cold surges like crazy.

Well FINALLY last night a get a call from the rep that I have been asking to talk to calls me up. They want to fix the tranny yet another time and instead of doing what they should and put the new one in. Well I said of course that this is just not fair and they said take it or leave it so I guess they are NOT flexible on that. What they have offered me is this.

1) I can have my ESP (exteneded service plan) warrantee money refunded (I think it was about 2,000 bucks) and they will leave the warrantee in place.

2) they will extend my warrantee on the truck.

Well I am leaning towards choice #1 obviously as it seems that ESP refuses to pay for warrantee claims anyhow. This will give me the money that I think I need to have the tranny fixed by a aftermarket company. It will also leave the warrantee in place in case something major does happen with say the engine or other parts of the drive line. It still does not make me happy but it is better then nothing I guess.

3) I was going to counter offer that since they are asking me to continue this nightmare by trying to fix it that they give me my money back for the warrantee, leave the warrantee in place, every time my truck is in for a TRANNY ISSUE ONLY that they cover the rental upgrade to the truck (car rentals are covered under my warrantee anyhow but not the upgrade) Also every time that my truck goes into service for the tranny AND THEY PULL A CODE on it, they give me an additional year of warrantee and 12,000 miles.

What do you guys think????

Jon
Old 12-18-2002, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon,

ABSOLUTELY! Do not let them screw you. Ask for teh most and settle where you are comfortable.

Good luck.

Shane
Old 12-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing that is stupid about this whole thing is that the tranny is 2 grand (just over). So if they had done the tranny in the first place they would have been done and that is that. Now they have spent almost 4 grand trying to fix the thing (with the refund) and they still are spending money on "fixes". I mean some times you have to wonder about "BIG BUISINESS". This is why American Car manufactures will NEVER get my money for cars. Once the european manufacturers make a respectable truck I will do business with them. It is sad that I feel that way but American Manufacturers just could obviously care less.

Jon
Old 12-18-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered

Advanced Transmission & Gear Center
337-237-5001
where"Quality is the best economy"

Just a business card there for ya if you need anything or just tech assistance on the aftermarket upgrades

H.B.Clack
Old 12-18-2002, 08:18 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

It's a new truck right? Why not just lemon it and walk away?
Old 12-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

Been there done that and had the same offers. Don’t settle on anything until the truck is running correctly and has for some time. They are offering you your money back because the warrantee is worthless. Is it worth getting your 2 grand back if the truck still doesn’t run? Nope! Tell them you don’t want any deals … you want the truck to run properly and this is the last opportunity they have to get it right.

If you want to settle for some money .. ask them for about 6 or 8 grand. Because that’s about how much your truck has depreciated because of their problems. And if you want to be a real a** about it. Take it right to their used lot and ask what the truck is worth you’d like to trade it in with a bad tranny and break problems. Then take that amount and ask if they’ll settle.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

i had a similar problem with ford and ESP. now i buy gmc.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

A friend of mine had a Chevy S10 blazer front axle lock-up 3 times , tranny lock-up twice. Numerous engine problems. When the new model year came out he was offered a new Blazer at no cost to him. Just swapped it out for the new truck-no questions asked.
Yes he used the "Lemon-Law"
Hey get ford to just replace the truck and be done with it PEROID!
Now this friend wasn't the most calm quiet well behaved person I know, so that might have helped. He would go and talk with customers looking to but new cars/trucks and tell them that the dealer wasn't able to fix his truck right the first time and was back again for the Xteenth time.
But what the hell he was driving a new truck.
Mt .02 worth
Old 12-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The warranty? Did you buy the truck to work on or to drive.
Warranty is fine but if your boat worked in the summer as well as the truck I think you would have a different solution.
Who cares if the dealer can fix it fix it fix it fix it--------Let him know you want to USE IT !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm thinking that if you accept the offer from Ford, that action might absolve Ford of any liability to fix the problem properly, but I have no legal basis to back that statement up.

It's probably worth the $$ to consult with a lawyer for an hour or so. Precedent has been set in this arena, you might just have to pull the right legal strings to get what you want.

Quick Reply: Ford Is Making An Offer What Do You Guys Think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.