Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD >

Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD

Notices

Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD

Old 12-18-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD

What is a fair price for a 2001 Ford 4X4 psd?

The truck has 16,000 miles, 8 inch skyjacker lift with 38" tires, TV,s in the headrest but know dvd or vcr, white in color with no flaws in paint, leather gray interior and auto trans. I will try to post pic.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Oops. Try again.
Attached Thumbnails Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD-01-f250-ford.jpg  
Old 12-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Nice truck. I have no idea about the $$, but it should look like this.
Attached Thumbnails Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD-truck.jpg  
Old 12-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Registered

Default Too high

They killed the resale value with the lift kit, and tires, thats kids stuff, ruins what their worth, in Central Ohio that truck would only be worth about 21k to 23k retail, and about 16 to a whole-seller, I shopped for 2 months for one, and saw a lot of em, just didn't find one I liked. Broke down and bought a new Chevy, cause the Ford dealers wouldn't deal at all.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Registered

Well the lift and the tires really should drop the price. Not many people want this type of set up. I would say: Gas engine 27,000 Diesel engine 30,000. I tried to sell an 01 Suburban and no one called. I asked 27,500 and traded it for 27. Late model used trucks are almost worthless right now. I am leaving it in the paper (runs till it sells) just to see. I even dropped the price to 24500 to see if anyone will call. Beat the guy up bad. You can right now. Also make sure he did not block the front axle. I saw one at a dealer like that and told them this was illegal and that they are fools to sell it like that. One good jolt could fold the front end
Old 12-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Geography does play a role, but 16k sounds a little low. Here in Colorado that truck would bring around 28k with said options. As far as the lift kit???? Around here they are rather easy to sell, as many people want them. Do a search on Auto Trader for your area and it will give you a good guideline.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:54 PM
Registered

Like everyone else has already stated, the lift will not help the re-sale (even though I love it.) Do your homework to make them drop the price....correct gears, axle's blocked, driveline vibes, correct rated tires for what you need, etc. I could go on and on, but it could be leverage for you!

Good luck!
Old 12-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Would you recommend not buying the truck because of the lift kit?
Old 12-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was a Lariat maybe $26k without the lift kit. XLT probably $22-24k...no lift. If a dealer is pricing it a lift will kill the price....UNTIL they turn to sell it, then the price goes up! There is a rural Ford dealer (McAlester) that has a '99 F150, 4X4, 4.6 liter, lifted to the stars, 'glass front end, quad shock all round, worth nothing as a truck but they are asking a KILLER price! Try to find someone to go to the auction for you. A 2002 Lariat, crewcab, 4x4 diesel goes for about $25-26k at auction.
I've been lookin too. No luck yet.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Registered

bikinilover,
Just buy what you like. If a lift kit is not for you, then I would definitely pass. If you like the looks of the truck, then use the lift kit to your advantage.

Quick story....I was looking at a lifted Ram. Dealer was adding $ to the price, I told him he was nuts and stated the price I would never exceed, especially since he knew nothing about the truck, rearend, speedo gear, etc. I went back about two months later, truck still sitting there. SAME salesman recognized me and wanted to sell me the truck for the price I previously stated. I just laughed and moved on. He should have thought of that the first time.

Quick Reply: Fair price for 2001 Ford PSD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.