If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Saugerties, NY

Where are the Power Boat "Junk Yards"?

Where do the "too broken" or " too old" or "too crashed to repair" power boats go? Are there some big power boat "junk yards" out there I don't know about? Does anyone know of any that are good sources for used boat parts?

P.S. And please don't reply that the power boat junk yard is at the bottom of *** ! It's often too tough to retrieve the parts!

*** substitute your favorite boating locale

My Boats:
    '88 Formula F-206 LS
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Every marina I've been to has had a section of junk, forgotten, trashed or broken boats. They usually sit till some one strips it or the whole thing is crushed, destroyed and hauled off.
    Beyond that I've never heard of a junk yard for boats.

My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ
    I know of Checker marine in Lasalle Michigan. Bought a TRS drive from him a few years ago - he had it on a shelf - not rebuilt but in good condition. he also has a large yard with all kinds of junk boats that he strips parts off of. I took my buddys boat to him a few years ago - boat was junk but he wanted to keep the trailer, and needed to get the boat off a property.
    Went there - chained the boat to a tree and pulled the trailer off from underneath it .
    Do a phonebook search for him. His name is Charlie, but the business is Checker Marine.
    BTW - Lasalle MI is about ten miles north of the Ohio line - just north of Toledo (10 miles) and South of Detroit (about30 miles ).

hope that helps.

Kendor Marine iin Franklinville (?) WI has the oddest collection of surplus boat parts you can imagine. It's a great place to browse if you are a do it yourselfer. They have stainless screws by the bucket and teak and controls and props...

Some stuff is higher $$ than you pay at West but some is very reasonably priced.

I have bought most of them already but why buy a fancy amp install kit for $80 when you can get an OMC trolling motor cable for $12.95 for 20 feet of 8 gauge with fuse?

They probably don't have a web site but I never looked.