Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Repitch a prop, How hard? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39194-repitch-prop-how-hard.html)

BAJA WILL 12-18-2002 03:12 PM

Repitch a prop, How hard?

Just curious, what goes into repitching a prop, is the metal heated and bent?

Thanks

Will:confused:

Ron P 12-18-2002 04:41 PM

It's simple, you just write a check and the pitch changes automatically.

Yes, heated and bent.

Wardey 12-18-2002 05:57 PM

.......and weakend !!!! Wardey

VelocityKenDo 12-18-2002 07:50 PM

I have a set of 30s lab finished bravos cheap

MnHowardCat 12-18-2002 08:10 PM

27 Fountain

Jest wondering what pitch are you looking for??
I have a Labed 24 LR Hydromotive off my Fountain I used it once
if your interested??

Don;) ;)

throttleup 12-19-2002 08:18 AM

27 Fountain,

What type of prop are you wanting to re-Pitch? Generally you can move up to 2" of pitch. However each manufactures props are different as well as the make of the prop. For instance a Bravo 1 can be re-pitched up to 2" but a #6 cannot. The carges of course are based on the number of blades and the prop make itself. Let me know what prop you are considerig and I can get a qoute to you. We utilize the Hale MRi system which is a 3D electronic imaging system which allows me to pitch a prop to within greater than .001 of inch...which is an extrememly high tolerance or dead on! We use this system with almost every high performance prop we work. As far as heating the blades to perform the re-pitch...it is done but generally on rare occassions. For the most part it is not necessary to heat the blade to re-pitch.

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
www.throttle-up.com
877-842-6855

BAJA WILL 12-19-2002 12:33 PM

Thanks for all the input, Still in thinking mode right now.

Julie: when i deceide to do something I will call you.
MN Howard cat, I already have a 25 Hydro, but Jce-68 in the technical section may be looking for a 24 Hydro.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=39103

Velocitykendo, 30s would be too much,

Thank you

Will

bouyhunter 12-19-2002 02:20 PM

I re-pitched one myself.

900 rpm and shallow water - it didn't go very well, musta been a refrigerator or a bus on the bottom, so I don't recommend it.

it was a 21pitch 3 blade cleaver.
I took it to the prop shop for the guy to look at it - he stared at it for 5 minutes straight and told me there was no way it would ever be a prop again.

I think I got $10 for it at the metal recycler.

ThirdBird 12-20-2002 02:35 AM

Originally posted by bouyhunter
I re-pitched one myself.

900 rpm and shallow water - it didn't go very well, musta been a refrigerator or a bus on the bottom, so I don't recommend it.

it was a 21pitch 3 blade cleaver.
I took it to the prop shop for the guy to look at it - he stared at it for 5 minutes straight and told me there was no way it would ever be a prop again.

I think I got $10 for it at the metal recycler.

:D Bouyhunter,
For ten bucks I think I woulda hung it in the garage or even put it on the coffee table. Great conversation for non-boaters: "yup, $800.00 bucks right there". :D:D

HOUSTONPROP 01-31-2003 05:22 AM

re pitching stainless

Originally posted by throttleup
27 Fountain,

What type of prop are you wanting to re-Pitch? Generally you can move up to 2" of pitch. However each manufactures props are different as well as the make of the prop. For instance a Bravo 1 can be re-pitched up to 2" but a #6 cannot. The carges of course are based on the number of blades and the prop make itself. Let me know what prop you are considerig and I can get a qoute to you. We utilize the Hale MRi system which is a 3D electronic imaging system which allows me to pitch a prop to within greater than .001 of inch...which is an extrememly high tolerance or dead on! We use this system with almost every high performance prop we work. As far as heating the blades to perform the re-pitch...it is done but generally on rare occassions. For the most part it is not necessary to heat the blade to re-pitch.

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
www.throttle-up.com
877-842-6855

YOU MUST HAVE ONE BIGGGGGGGGGG MALLET.:rolleyes: