Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Holiday Gratuities ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39281-ot-holiday-gratuities.html)

Risk Taker 12-19-2002 03:15 PM

OT: Holiday Gratuities ???

Just curious how other people handle Christmas tipping for mailman, newspaper delivery person, etc.

Do you ?? For all, or just a select few??

How Much ??

Any devine wisdom from my OSO Brethren would be greatly appreciated.......:D :D

bajabob38 12-19-2002 03:22 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
I offer up my body to the hotties! The guys don't get anything :crazy: :crazy:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :frog: :crazy:

Wally 12-19-2002 03:22 PM

we've always given the mail lady and the garbage guys a small gift.....thats about it :)

Mail Lady gets $50 considering she has yet to screwup our mail in 15yrs!!!
Garbage guys usually get $20ea since they only come by once a week :) but without them things would get awfully messy! :D

Risk Taker 12-19-2002 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
[COLOR=blue]I offer up my body to the hotties!......
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:......and you still get your chit delivered ???? :D;)

SpectreBoy 12-19-2002 03:53 PM

I usually ask the paperboy for a 10 spot, and since the garbage men are union, I ask them to give me 30 to 50 a piece.

IDRPSTF 12-19-2002 06:01 PM

For one reason or another, people get tight around the holidays. I worked as a waiter and bartender threw collage and hated the holidays. People that were normally great tippers got real cheep..real fast. So don’t forget to tip big when you go to your big family dinners. Or the waiter will SH$%T in your pasta the next time you come back…Happy Holidays!!!

PhantomChaos 12-19-2002 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Wally
we've always given the mail lady and the garbage guys a small gift.....thats about it :)

Mail Lady gets $50 considering she has yet to screwup our mail in 15yrs!!!
Garbage guys usually get $20ea since they only come by once a week :) but without them things would get awfully messy! :D

Are you kidding me? I would never consider that. I never see those people, and they never see me!

Tip the person that reads the gas meter? NO

Tip the person that reads my electrical meter? NO

Tip the person that reads my water meter? NO

Tip the satillite company? NO

Tip the phone compnay? NO

Tip the gardener? YES

Tip the cleaning person? YES

I guess the difference here is that I hire the last two to do a personal service for me, and the others are not under my influence at all. They couldn't give a rats ass about me, just that I pay the bills on time. I am a pretty good tipper at resturants (and other places too), and never slow down during the holidays. Matt, it must be those dang OC people!

IDRPSTF 12-19-2002 06:16 PM

Norty...You Cheap Little Monkey!!! Giveup a little green around the holidays.

I still havent gotten my Christmas card from you Ya Bastad!!!!

See You dont even tip the guy that Flirts with your date and drinks your beer while you are washing your own boat.

PhantomChaos 12-19-2002 06:18 PM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Norty...You Cheap Little Monkey!!! Giveup a little green around the holidays.

I still havent gotten my Christmas card from you Ya Bastad!!!!

See You dont even tip the guy that Flirts with your date and drinks your beer while you are washing your own boat.

I give the green! I don't do Xmas cards. :) I do owe ya for that one bro! (not forgotten). Would you please empty your PM box. It's still full!

Cna you imagine if your mail delivery person got $50 from every person on thier route? They probably deliver to 200-400 addresses.....that's $10K to $20K cash. :confused: :confused: :( :(

I take care of my employees.......can't take care of everyone elses!

:D :D

HyperBaja 12-19-2002 06:28 PM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
For one reason or another, people get tight around the holidays. I worked as a waiter and bartender threw collage and hated the holidays. People that were normally great tippers got real cheep..real fast. So don’t forget to tip big when you go to your big family dinners. Or the waiter will SH$%T in your pasta the next time you come back…Happy Holidays!!!
I know how that goes, tips and business are really slow between christmas and april. people saving for taxes.