Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is with people these days????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39289-what-people-these-days.html)

THEJOKER 12-19-2002 09:27 PM

morons

Most of those morons that pollute our society are on crack. One thing I cannot deal with is a crack head. 9mm always in the car - BH

Tonto 12-19-2002 10:49 PM

Mike, I agree, that's TERRRIBLE :mad: I agree with all that has said that we need to extinguish more of these a$$holes so we can tow our boats through places and not have to worry. BTW, I did tow through Gary this past summer at night, didn't know i wasn't suppose to. I hope the lad makes a FULL recovery.

Robert

Steve 1 12-19-2002 10:53 PM

srobak Thank's nice site!

eliminator219 12-19-2002 11:29 PM

Be careful!!

Mike,
Im sorry to hear about your friends problem here in my back yard. I own a trucking company and my units operate thru Gary everyday. I have both white and black drivers, They keep on the truck routes, when in town, and as you can expect always keep an eye out for problems..
I pull my boat thru town at different times, but once again there are areas that you have to be very careful, its a shame that for such a big city, you have to stay on the lit streets and keep your window up and dont talk to anyone.. But Detroit,chicago,Indlps and other major cities have the same problems and same areas..
Once again Im sorry that it happen and our best hopes on recovery go with him..

eliminator219

Quiet Storm 12-19-2002 11:59 PM

I wish your friend the best of luck and the piece or crap that shot him the worst. Its too bad that life has such little meaning to so many.

RCM255 12-20-2002 07:29 AM

good luck to the guy. it sucks that this happend during the holiday season

CigDaze 12-20-2002 09:41 AM

That's terrible, I wish the best in his recovery.

Sad that things like this must happen....It's absolutely senseless. :mad:

WETTE VETTE 12-20-2002 11:00 AM

Hmm.., I wonder why the Miss USA Pagent decided to pull out of Gary? I frequent Gary on sales calls and E219 is correct. You really need to watch what you do in that town. It was dubbed the murder capitol in the nation!!! I think it is still in the top 5, if not #1. I wish the best for your friend and a speedy recovery!!

Waterfoul 12-20-2002 10:13 PM

A bit of an update......turns out the x-rays shed some positive light on his injuries. The bullit hit his femur and was deflected upwards till it hit the pelvic bone. Did not damage the pelvic bone to badly. Broke the femur though....will require surgery and much physical therapy.

It turns out he panicked and ran away. Was shot while running away. Shot in the back if you will. And as far as I know, the perp has not been caught. This guy is a day driver. Never an overnight trip. And according to his mother, a careful person.

Intolerant1 12-20-2002 10:21 PM

Thats good news Foul. Best of luck to him.