Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is with people these days????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39289-what-people-these-days.html)

Waterfoul 12-19-2002 04:27 PM

What is with people these days?????

One of my teamates got a phone call this afternoon from her husband. It seams her son, while delivering a load of a flowers (he drives a truck for a large greenhouse company.....Christmas flowers and the like...) to a florist in Gary, IN was robbed at gunpoint and SHOT!!!! He carries no cash, no checks, nothing except shippers and reciepts. Not much personal cash either. I've met this person (he's my age) and he is a VERY nice guy. I don't think he would have argued with anyone holding a gun to him.

Shot in the hip....shattered his pelvic bone on the right side. Stable condition but walking again is questionable at this point. He faces MANY surgureys. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayer.

What is going on these days!!!!???

Thanks,

Mike

Allan4 12-19-2002 04:36 PM

That's aweful......I just cannot comprehend senseless acts of violence like this. What a shame, the shooter ought to have his pelvis shattered with a sledge hammer, see how it feels.....Good luck to this guy, I feel for him......:( :( :hothead: :hothead:

RSCHAP1 12-19-2002 05:35 PM

Pass along my sympathies ...Hate to hear of such stuff. Like you said "what's wrong with people now?"

HyperBaja 12-19-2002 05:58 PM

Stupid people. Lets hope he get what he deserves. Charma (sp) I think.

Intolerant1 12-19-2002 06:53 PM

My buddies dad was a truck driver and was hijacked in Gary. They took his rig, 18 wheeler tanker full of propane, and locked him in an abondoned building where they beat him for several days. He finally escaped. This is one tough SOB but he decided to retire after that. He was the wrong color in the wrong nieghborhood. Not being racist, thats what his captures told him.

Steve 1 12-19-2002 07:02 PM

Need a lot more Troutly”s the Country is full of animals.

Payton 12-19-2002 07:10 PM

Mike, I'm very sorry and mad to hear this. And it happened in the arm pit of our fine state. I persona;y thing we need more cops and more people with guns, that know how to use them. We can be thankful this bad guy was a bad shot. Too bad your buddy wasn't armed and a good shot.

He will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Scooter 12-19-2002 07:15 PM

Sorry to hear about that mike send me and the wifes blessings

Allan4 12-19-2002 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Intolerant1
My buddies dad was a truck driver and was hijacked in Gary. They took his rig, 18 wheeler tanker full of propane, and locked him in an abondoned building where they beat him for several days. He finally escaped. This is one tough SOB but he decided to retire after that. He was the wrong color in the wrong nieghborhood. Not being racist, thats what his captures told him.
Usually truckers carry guns. I would if I were driving over the road. I do some driving but it is only day trips. If I were out and about all over, I'd carry, no question about it. A .45 would have stopped that 3 day beating before it started. By the way, how is the back??

traviss 12-19-2002 08:07 PM

over here were always packin heat :D