Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Girlfriend moved out while I was at work (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39323-girlfriend-moved-out-while-i-work.html)

R Addiction 12-31-2002 09:34 AM

Don't get me started....I pay $1350.00 a month in Child support (no Alimony). I have 2 files in my cabinet filled with letters, audio tape, video..Not that kind!!!!....We all make mistakes ,I made two, work thru it!! I have a bright spot , when I turn 50......
no more dealing with the ex's, house will be paid for, I get a huge raise..........11.5 years to go!:D

kitten 12-31-2002 10:43 AM

get the boat, what cha waitin for!!??

Originally posted by trader1
Thank you for all the great advice! This is the best site ever. Its time to get the boat! I am still in the state of shock. I had no idea she was unhappy.

like I said before, you have our blessings!!

dyno 12-31-2002 10:49 AM

Your Way Better Off!!!!!better now than when she's entitled to half of everything you own...been there done that! Pick yourself up and go looking for a new Boat, the chick's wont be far behind!

trader1 01-09-2003 08:00 AM

Latest

The latest on my situation. She called four days after leaving, we had good communication, I then gave her a week of no contact. Then sent 2 doz red roses and a letter(good ofcourse). I get emailed back to stop trying to contact her that things will be easier if I focused on the future, and I will make some girl very happy some day. What a load of crap! How do you go from making progress to everything just falling off the cliff?????? I don't get it. I think she make be talking to a shrink because she would never be able to put that email together, she does not talk like that. I am now very confused. Oh yeah and quite PO'ed. She is really confused I think. How do you go from hot to cold? She told me she got a month to month ease in case things worked out, and then this?????????????????Any words of wisdom?????

BRUCE SEROFF 01-09-2003 08:07 AM

Trader...this sounds alot like something I went through back in '97.

Back and forth...wishy washy. and she was seeing a counseler..ie shrink..

Bottom line....It will not work....just move on

Iggy 01-09-2003 08:25 AM

I've followed this thread since the beginning.
I felt sorry for you, still do. I see there's several others who had bad experiences in the past.

Listen to them. They're right.
It's time to just turn and walk away. The more you try to patch it up the worse it'll get. The more times you try communicating the more she'll mess with your head. Some woman really get off on doing that with men. She's got you wrapped around her little finger, and she knows it.

Stop sending flowers.
Stop sending notes.
Change your phone numbers and make them unlisted.
Break off all communication.
Change the locks. This is a must!
Screen your office calls for while till she quits calling.
If she continues to attemp contact, get a restraining order.

It seems like you still have very strong feelings toward her.
I know it'll hurt for a while but you've got to move on.
The sooner you stop and get on with life, the sooner you'll get over it.

This is just my opinion. A view from the outside.
What you do now is up to you.

RHUMMER 01-09-2003 08:26 AM

Trader1,

Dude face the facts, it will never be the same and you will never trust her again. I know how painfull it is but you have to move on and start new. This is your chance to save your diginity, if you let her back in she "will" pull the same thing you are going to hate yourself. Swear off chicks for awhile and occupy yourself with things that you really enjoy, trust me it will make a huge difference and you will definitly gain self confidence.

Roger 1 01-09-2003 08:36 AM

Iggy speaks with wisdom. This chick sounds like a real wack job. It seems that she has caused a great deal of pain in your life, How much more do you want? It hurts ,I know but you should consider yourself a lucky man. You still get to keep your stuff!
Roger 1

X-Rated30 01-09-2003 11:15 AM

They are ALL whack jobs after the relationship ends.

My advice: Quit trying to contact her. Channel the sadness and anger into your job and the gym. The next time she sees you, you are healthy and better looking than she remembers, and you have a promotion/fatter wallet, and a hot chic on your arm.

Trust me -- My girlfriend and I broke up 12/30. I am happy and doing fine. BTW -- I am certainly not a health nut or body builder, but right after the breakup, the best I felt was when I left the gym.

G-Force 01-09-2003 11:36 AM

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
They are ALL whack jobs after the relationship ends.
Channel the sadness and anger into your job and the gym.

My thoughts exactly. esecially the part about hitting the gym. Nothing is better than lifting weights and pushing yourself to be stronger. And your confidence level increases as well...nothing like getting bigger/better looking. And the increased endorphins generated from a workout help to keep from getting depressed about the situation.
Keep your chin up and don't worry....lots of women (without head problems) out there. I should know....:D :rolleyes: