Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Girlfriend moved out while I was at work (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39323-girlfriend-moved-out-while-i-work.html)

RHUMMER 12-20-2002 07:32 AM

Stuff happens, like I tell my son " Go out and kick the chick tree, after they all fall off pick the one you want". Each day unfolds, you have to tough it out and move on.

Good luck

dmhoj 12-20-2002 07:45 AM

Dude it will suck at first, but then when you get your bearings, consider yourself lucky. There is nothing like the taste of new kitty-kat. Like somebody else said before better a girlfriend than a wife, because you won't have to give up half. Head to the nearest Strip club, that will numb the pain for now.

Dredgeking 12-20-2002 07:54 AM

lucky guy. most of us have to have big fights and lots of drama. sounds like you got out easy.

trader1 12-20-2002 07:56 AM

Thank you for all the great advice! This is the best site ever. Its time to get the boat! I am still in the state of shock. I had no idea she was unhappy.

Pure Energy 12-20-2002 08:27 AM

Don't be too quick to blame yourself! She may have been unhappy, but maybe not because of you. I have ended relationships because I was not happy with myself, my job, where I was living, etc, etc. To pick up and leave is wrong, but sometimes people have to do things there own way. Life goes on, and time heals all wounds. It is nice to be able to focus just on yourself sometimes. Good Luck.

Charmed1 12-20-2002 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear especially at Christmas. Hopefully you have some good friends to help you get through the rough times. If not the board is very good company on those sleepless nights. Good luck and Merry Christmas.:)

Risk Taker 12-20-2002 08:43 AM

Originally posted by Dave M
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
Yup.....:D :D :D

CRUBOSS 12-20-2002 08:47 AM

first thing ! check your bank accounts. my ex-wife cleaned mine out then , when i was away she moved out. it all ended up in divorce court. i am still waiting on the ***** to pay me some of the money she stole from me. by court order she has to pay me. but i have not seen a dime. WHAT A TWISTED **** !

Tonto 12-20-2002 08:49 AM

Take all of her Christmas presents back, get the cash, and make plans for the Miami Boat Show! I personally won't be there, but there are enough OSO members that will be there to show you a kick-ass time :D

Robert

MitchStellin 12-20-2002 08:52 AM

If she just up and went than it is better she did it now and not when married or years into a relationship. This is just a sign that she is unstable and not the one for you. Just don't let her back in when she calls. You can talk but in no way cave in. This is what she wants and will then have "hand". This board will get you thru it so use the wisdom of experience.:D And go buy something like blowers for the boat or something else that will occupy your time.:D