Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trent Lott (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39343-trent-lott.html)

Ted G 12-20-2002 08:28 PM

Originally posted by catmando
That's BS!! Mississippi politicians of both parties have always been racists. I grew up there, I know that for a FACT. Lott said he was "trying to honor the man, not the policies"-as if you could separate the two.:rolleyes:

Near the end of his life, segregationist George Wallace went around saying, "I am not a bad man". The closest Strom Thurmond ever came to apologizing for his lifelong racism was "times have changed". Yeah, right.

Lott opened his mouth and sealed his fate. Good riddance to BOTH of them.:mad:

I freekin love this!!! You say all this crap calling him a racist(and he may be or have been) and then on the very next thread you post

"I hope you can stay involved with this situation. Looks like the raghead is tryin to throw the blame onto the soldier."

So if I SAY I'm a liberal, I can say anything about any other race and it's just okey dokey-as long as I rip the first conservative that does it-or even comes close to it.

Well BULLSH*T, I am not racist, I am against affirmative action because it belittles the recipients and hurts other deserving people-like my children and their white and asian friends.

I am also against minority set asides, forced busing, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and all the other poverty pimps. I am against reparations because I nor any other person alive has ever held or traded in slaves, no is any slave alive to get the cash. I am also informed enough to know that the Dixiecrats were more intent on preserving state's rights than they were keeping segregation. I also see that the main groups practicing segregation at this time are black student unions, black fraternities and sororities, black social clubs, and black businesses that exclude all forms of other ethnic products(like a Circuit City that does not have a Country section in a black section of town-try not having rap in a white section of town and see what happens). Oh and before you get started-I used "black" because it was the word of choice for so long and "African-American" takes too damn long to type.

And just for the record I am happy to see Trent step down, he was a useless leader that just made things worse by doing these farcical mea culpas and trying to be the next poverty pimp.

Playn 12-20-2002 08:50 PM

Originally posted by SABER28
playn,

one of the things that lott did in the past was to keep out minorities in his fraternity. philosophy????? sorry thats just wrong.

Hmmm, I wonder how many whites don't make it into black frats?

Bill272 12-20-2002 08:56 PM

Mark,
I agree completely. I don't know his exact record, but I do know that he did not dispute anything that was said in the interview. The only thing he did say besides "I made a mistake there... and there.. and that time...and there, too" is that even though he always votes against affirmative action, he truely beleives in it because he hired a black man back in the 70's. That cracked me up. I do agree that scruteny(crap, that doesn't look right either) should go both ways. Every administration that I can remember has had opponents and critics and their views could be freely stated, especially during the last administration. I'm not defending it, but it got pretty ugly for a lot of years. But now, if you say anything negative about the Republican party, or gasp... George Bush, the sentiment I see is that you are anti-american, pro-terrorist, stomping on the graves of every american that gave his or her life for this country, and get the hell out if you don't like it because, goddamnit, we are at war!!! I just have a problem with that, because I don't think GW is a very bright guy. I just hope he's surrounded with intelligent people who will guide this country where it needs to go.

Bill272 12-20-2002 09:04 PM

haha, no kidding. I gotta check on the boat soon or I'll go crazy.

Steve 1 12-20-2002 09:25 PM

Well I see it’s about time to throw another of these non-racist Liberal’s on the fire!!

Racism is white. There ain't no black racism."
- U.S. Rep. Gus Savage, D.-Ill.
Responding to accusations that he delivered an
anti-Semitic speech
Houston Post, Spring of 1990

" I don't talk to you white motherf*****....You ***** motherf****** in the white press.....F*** you, you motherf****** assh***... white devils" - Gus Savage- Former U.S. representative from Chicago to a white member of the press)

As you can plainly see hypocrisy is a hall mark in the DemocRat ic Party
:mad: