Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Mail order brides--service? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39374-ot-mail-order-brides-service.html)

Mrgoodwrench 12-20-2002 04:49 PM

OT Mail order brides--service?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have any experience with a service that enables you to interact or meet girls from the Ukraine? I found this one.:eek:

Steve 1 12-20-2002 05:09 PM

Do not let her learn English! There is nothing wrong with the old world charm of being compliant!:D

Mrgoodwrench 12-20-2002 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
couple more pics of Natasha

Mrgoodwrench 12-20-2002 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Natasha

CigDaze 12-20-2002 06:20 PM

It's like a Burger King/McDonald's commercial on TV:

The commercial shows this meticulously handcrafted hamburger with everything lined up just right, on center and then when you get one, it ends up being up this sloppy mess with the damn burger smashed in one corner of the box, the buns crooked and all the crap inside looks like it went through a blender.......

Believe it or not I had a buddy that was convinced that he was going to marry this one chick from one of those "Russian Bride" places and when he went for the face-to-face meeting......Not good. ;)

gdfatha 12-20-2002 10:36 PM

Lucky sbrobak

Lovely lady young man..

To you and your fairly new bride..Happy Holidays and a happy New Year..

Steve 1 12-20-2002 10:56 PM

Strobak cool story my Very Best Wishes for you and your wife on this holiday!

My third and finial wife is a Filipina we met in the Middle-East almost 8 years ago an Old lady who knew the two of us made the introduction .This one made my life complete.
:)

RumRunner 12-21-2002 06:54 AM

I've got a buddy of mine who's in the same process right now with one of these Russian Bride .com deals. He's been over there twice now, and is convinced it's true love. He's going back for a month in Jan. They'll be flying to the Virgin Islands so she can meet his family, they can't come here unless they are engaged (gives them a 90 day visa I think) He seems real happy with the deal, and her values, and morals. I just wonder how they will change once she come here.

BajaSquirt 12-21-2002 07:30 AM

I have a friend in Singapore who did this. He dated many of these girls for about 3 years before he found 'the one'. He has been married 5 years now and has 3 kids (2 of his own). It seems to be working well for him, but be selective. The economy is so poor in the Ukraine that he sends about $500 a quarter to her family and it doubles their income (her dad is an engineer)! He does this because he is a good guy and $500 is pocket change in Singapore. Last I heard, if you moved to Singapore you would have to make 6 times your current income to just maintain your current standard of living!

Gearhead99 12-21-2002 07:43 AM

Srobak,

Sounds like you hit it right. My only comment is, "Don't let her talk to many american wives". They'll try and change her thinking for sure !!!!!