Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jersey Boyz meeting report >

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Notices

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Old 12-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Smittymarine

Hey Sharkey, I have been a Giant fan since I learned how to walk. Those damn giants are going to give me heart failure yet. I dont think I ever watched a game that you could ever relax until the 4th quarter was over. How about that Shockey!!

Old 12-29-2002, 05:05 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Smittymarine
Those damn giants are going to give me heart failure yet. I dont think I ever watched a game that you could ever relax until the 4th quarter was over.
Sounds alot like boat racing, until the last lap is over...

Isn't that the fun of it?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 12-29-2002 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ho ho ho,

relax people just asked a question. was not trying to be negative. if you guy's want my help i have no problem giving it. but from the sound of things your minds are already made up. you have a schedule, figured out insurance and the whole nine yards. unfortunatley i will not be able to join you racing this year as well as many others because of your scheduleing conflict. as to apba sanctioning the races that is no problem if you need that done let me know. if there is anything else needed done let me know.

Treadwell
Old 12-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

just for your info i have known kurt for many years myself. yes he is a good stand up guy and we all have our problems. i just asked how you felt about him. i was just wondering.

Treadwell
Old 12-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY GUYS,

Seems to me your on the right track! As for Frank he may think he is in politics but let me tell you Frank you can't change Founders Day in Brick! That is the day the township will do BoatFest. So you see I am not totally clue-less!!! Yeah Kurt has been around a long time and he knows what the racers want. He makes sure that all are taken care of. No one leaves his camp hungry - neither does racers or their families for that matter! His whole family participates and they accommodate all! I'm sure all can agree that he makes racing comfortable for all! Kurt ran the Seaside race last year while his Dad was ill, he lost his dad a few days later. He was sick this year himself and he still ran the races. He seems to me he is a survivor and a fine man. He has shown a skill and act that is very hard to follow.
As for the politican he has no clue as to what it takes to put a race on!!! You can not schedule a township event on your own - oh my but you should know that Frank???
And Point is not angry with racing they want the racres there and so do the prorietors. There is a few politicans that can't lighten up. It's seems that someone keeps ruffling their feathers. I wonder who that could BE?

Let start the New Year right. There is enough conflict going on in the world so why can't we keep peace in our own back yards? Hey Jersey Boys Your it! LET'S RACE!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Connie.We're trying,we've got a great group of people working to make this work! Have a great New Year and I'm sure we'll meet, Regards Augie.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by A.Pensa
We're trying,we've got a great group of people working to make this work!
Augie, (as I walk on eggshells due to the direction this thread went) May I ask, who is in charge of what and who will be voting to make the right decisions? This may change some people's opinions about OPA if they know it is not left up to one person's decision on how to run things. Example: "PPB"JCs way or no race. I know it was briefly covered at the meeting, but it would be nice to see those involved get the credit they deserve for pulling everyone back together again as one big happy offshore family.

OPA Officers and Board of Directors

President

Senior Vice President

Vice President/Race Director

Treasurer

Secretary

Director

Director

Director

Technical Inspector

I tried searching the club's website but couldn't find any info.

Thanks in advance....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-30-2002, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sharkey,I/We/Whomever can't change people,no one has that kind of power,only people can change themselves! I can't imagine why you or anyone else would be walking on egg shells,We're big boys and girls....don't throw curve balls,go straight for the heart,we're trying to better racing,maybe get the poker run involved if all parties concerned would leave yesterday there...in yesterday,can't change what happened then!I will get you the info you have requested and I feel OPA as a group is involved in whatever happens not just one person and I don't think there is any one person or persons looking for any kind of credit,at the meeting of 12/21 as you are aware all the questions were directed at the audience, what their feelings are,how we as a group can make the events more exciting and what would be fair for all so if credit should be given it should go to ALL that came to the meeting so close to Christmas and those that either called us or posted on OSO that they would liked to have been there and have kept in touch with us.........When everyone gets back togeather as one big happy offshoe family that would be credit enough for everyone........Open minds is all it will take!Don't ya Think??
Old 12-30-2002, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAZZUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WAZZZZZUP AUGIE... MY BOY

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.