Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jersey Boyz meeting report >

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Notices

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Old 12-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Does that mean that being registered in SBI that we dont need to reg. in OPA?
Randy
Old 12-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dat's wite Wandy!
Old 12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

That picture cracks me up.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:29 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by TYPHOON
Does that mean that being registered in SBI that we dont need to reg. in OPA?
Randy

The annual registration is suppose to cover the adminstration costs of the club. What happens if most of the boats were registered in SBI??? Where will the money come from for those costs???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Registered

Finally got to a computer.

I enjoyed meeting the Jersey Boyz and the well run meeting and discussion.

It continues to be my belief that Offshore Racers everywhere have very similar problems, and the more people co-operate and share information and solutions, the better off we all will be.

I hope you all have a safe and sucessful racing season and very happy holidays.

Ted Zoli
Old 12-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

Ted it was good seeing you at the meeting and showing support for OPA to grow.I know everyone cant wait to go to Key West and run in the worlds with APBA.
Randy
Old 12-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Where were you Tredwell????
Randy
Old 12-23-2002, 08:44 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Darren and I enjoyed our short visit to the Jersey Boyz meeting. Thank you for the hospitality and the cookies.

The group seems to be pointed in the right direction and has an infectious focus and enthusiasm that is 90% of the process. I told Augie that I'll back any 100% effort.....either 100% amateur or 100% professional.......it's the "half pregnant" approaches that turn me off. The thought of a local circuit with room for developing racers and a family atmosphere should be a perfectly timed winner. Now that Poker Runs have become thinly disguised races ...without helmets......it is obvious that there is tremendous pent up boat racing desire among the performance crowd. Marry that to an opportunity for all the Long Island and Northeast single engine outboard guys to get their feet wet (and hopefully nothing else)....and you've got my vote and support. I believe that Smitty, Augie, Ron, Kurt and the rest of the "Boyz" are all decent people without a "lot" of hidden agendas....and that is a big key to success long term.

Your biggest challenge will be to keep the egos in check and to remind your racers that this is about the racing.........and is not a passport of entitlement to primetime network TV. Freeze Frame should do just fine.I like the policy regarding APBA AND SBI inclusion......and I believe that efforts like this and Steve David's may eventually bring the sport back together......where it belongs.

Good luck to all and if I can help in any way.....please feel free to call.

Again please accept our warmest regards for a Merry Christmas and a SAFE and successful Jersey Boyz New Year.

T2x

P.S. Singlestack...........I second the request.......you should have introduced yourself.

Last edited by T2x; 12-23-2002 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning Everyone,first I would like to Thank Everyone in attendance at The Jersey Boyz Meeting this past Saturday,it was great seeing the CREW as well as meeting new Friends,Thank you all!..... Ted Zoli of APBA ,It was a pleasure to finally meet you,Thank you for coming.....Arnold great seeing you,I'll see you after the Holidays.....Randy thank you for all your input ,it's great to have you and Glen with The Jersey Boyz! MARTY!!!! Dennis thanks for the film....Rich and Darren It would not be offical if the two of you weren't there..Thank You!.....At the meeting I left out a few things so here goes, Eddie and I started talking about The Jersey Boyz back In September At the SBI Nationals as a joke,but WITHOUT the support of the ORIGINAL Jersey Boyz we would not have gotten this far so fast ,so Thank You to our Sgt. at Arms Bruce"crash test dummie"Seroff and Paulie"LUKIE" of Simply Awesome,Mamma "Marie" WAZZUP & her sister Toni aka Team TWISTED SISTERS Offshore Racing,Teams Relentless....Team Typhoon Racing...Gecko Imported Tequila...Dry Martini....Executioner....Panther...Bad Boy Power Boats..Bandit Racing Engines and of course Team Wazzup and The Delicate Sound Of Thunder.Each person on every team has put a lot of thought,input and time into trying to make New Jersey Racing Fair and Exciting for ALL, so guys forgive me,I was a little nervous Saturday,From my heart THANK YOU ALL..........I hope everyone got something out of this meeting and we still WELCOME any and ALL comments about our upcoming season..........I would also like to THANK Team BOXER for making the very long trip down to be with us,thats dedication!!! Ron Poli Thank you for your Support always..... Jim O'Connor of njsportpics.com,Thanks for all the great team photos and Yes you are one of us!! If I have left anyone else out,SORRY..To all,Have a Happy and SAFE Holiday.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Great Job!

Way to go Kurt, Ed, Augie, Bruce and all the folks who setup and ran the meeting. It was great to see everyone (and finally have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Luhrs!)

Can't wait to get on the water!

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year to Everyone!!

Marty
(the one w/o the bad teeth above )

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.