Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jersey Boyz meeting report >

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Notices

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Old 12-25-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summerfest also dosen't start till the end of June, I have a phone call into someone that is very close to the Mayor, I will find out what the story is. My family is very Political. I am tired of hearing the BS. We did a lot of work for the Poker Run this year and whats fair is fair June 1st is our date. This doesn't just effect one person. This puts a burdon on all of us at the NJPPC including the Medics. Last year was a mistake this year seems to be intentional on OPAs part. Politicians listen to the public and who is ever holding the event . I talked to my brother in law (EX Mayor) of Dover TWP and he said thats the way it usally works unless the park is being used for something else!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:31 PM
snglestack

your right frank i hear someone is b.s.ing joe money talks b.s.walks

Old 12-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Default 2003 Race Schedule

Thanks Guy's... We have posted all of your races in our online calander and will post them in all upcoming issues.

http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/calender.htm

Thanks Again,

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Jersey Boyz meeting report-extreme_small_logo.jpg  
Old 12-26-2002, 07:49 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by sharkeymarine

Both associations use the same Medical Teams. They cannot be expected to be in two places at the same time. Although they managed last year, why would anyone asked them to rush around like they had to last year. Afterall, they are VOLUNTEERS.

At the meeting, I did hear that this schedule was tentative for OPA. I hope to attend both events without having to rush back for a 12:00pm start on Sunday.
I always thought Brick and Point Pleasant Beach always wanted an earlier race in the season to jump start the tourist season early.
Hopefully it can be worked out.
It just doesn't seem right to make the Volunteers jump through hoops to keep both clubs satisfied.
Sharkey:

I couldn't agree more. This is the kind of thing that creates irreparable damage...........Many of us remember the days when disgruntled racers formed NPBA, OPT, and the other splinter groups. In hindsight the damage that this caused is still crippling the sport 15 years later..................

PLEASE...........................Work to eliminate conflict. Bad feelings in this community do not subside.....they grow over time...and fester.

If the Jersey Boyz want to have an impact for "The good of the sport"........... Here's your chance. The silly bickering has to stop somewhere.

If not now...when? if not you....who?

I know and respect both sides in this issue......and together you guys could do wonders......separated, you'll merely cancel each other's efforts.....and for what?

T2x
Old 12-26-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Congrats on a great meeting guys! Hope it all works out soon, and hope to see you June 14-15th in Cincinnati.

Chris
Old 12-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Smittymarine

Sharkey, Frank, T2X, I do understand the issues here with scheduling. I am not looking to start a debate, I think you know me well enough to know our intentions are always positive and always for the best of all involved. Everyone has commented what a great job we have been doing, trying to bring the racing back to the NE. We are beginning to bring race boats from both sanc. bodies together to race at each others events. Something I have heard talked about on this board over and over again, is finally coming to be. At least in the divisional series. Between the divisions NE SE Central and both Sanc bodies there are 27 races between may and october.So as you can see Scheluling is a nightmare. For instance the Brick race falls on the same day as the APBA Texas Race which some of our boats both national and divisional will attend, leaving us less boats for Brick. If we move Brick forward one week then you have Brick Ft meyers And Seaside back to back for 3 weeks. A logistical nightmare. If you move the Brick race back one week, Then you have Daytona, Marathon, Ft Meyers, And Brick thats four races in 3 weeks. Trust me we have looked at this over and over. A lot of our racers are NJPPC members as well as Sponsors and would love nothing more than to work together. for instance we have a race scheduled for Atlantic City on July 20th, wouldnt it be a great positive move to have a Poker Run to AC that same weekend, Im sure a number of the race boats including mine would make the run down with you on Saturday. I am always available to anyone. lets put together a meeting of the minds and see what else we can do to make the NE rule the seas, Ed

Old 12-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well done Ed....
Old 12-26-2002, 12:47 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Ed:

Nice reply..... and I applaud your efforts. Now, how fast can you and NJPPC sit down and hash this out? Perhaps a combined weekend event is a good idea.........if AC works...why not Brick?

T2x

P.S. Let me know if you need a mediator.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:17 PM
overbored

Hey guys don't forget that Marathon is the same weekend as FT. Myers again this year.

Old 12-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Registered

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say that I think the Jersey Boyz idea is great and I think the motive of Smitty, Augie and the others are right on target. I know alot of the Jersey Boyz and they are great people. This movement is without a doubt the most positive thing to hit offshore racing in the NE in years!

As for NJPPC, I can tell you I do not make the major decisions all on my own. (although many think I do). I have a Planning Committee that consists of 14 other people. A major change like this would require a vote. It would also require an investigation as to if Trump Marina could accomodate us with a date change and how it would affect the rest of our schedule.

I think that working together with the NE Racers and doing combined events (poker runs / races) is a great idea. Look at how successful the Key West Poker Run is with the Worlds in November.

The one major issue I have with this whole scenario is with one person. That person is Kurt Burger. We will not work with the man. He has demonstrated to us time and time again that he is someone who we do not share the same basic values with. I am not going to get into a slamming contest here, but he has proven this to us entirely too many times. We have tried to work together in the past and it has not worked. I convinced our planning committee back then that it was a good idea to work together. All I got out of it was egg on my face.

I have talked to our planning committee about working together with OPA/NJO during the last 6 months and the majority vote says "no".

Alot of people may not like what I have to say in regard to this topic. But one thing is for sure - I do not talk out of both sides of my mouth. Also a big thanks to RonP for sending the scathing email about me to an NJPPC member on this board. You also have shown your true colors.

T2x - if their was a need for a mediator out there, you would be the man for the job without a doubt.

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.